Tuesday, October 4, 2011

240/365

This morning I went to Eagle River to pick up Nate's BIG Christmas present!  I was so excited.  I got a fantastic deal and am so happy with it!  Now the only problem is going to be keeping the kids quiet about it!

After I was done with that, the boy and I went to Fred Meyer.  We needed milk and I wanted to look at a few other things.  I bought a few Halloween decorations.  Nothing crazy.  Just some ghost things to line the driveway.  I usually buy 1 new decor item every holiday and then buy 4 more right after to take advantage of the sales.  So this years full price Halloween item was ghosts to line the walkway.  I didn't get to buy any last year after Halloween (or Christmas) because we were moving. 

Spencer and I looked at toys.  He's starting to get into the whole superhero thing. He likes Spiderman.  He found this mask.  He LOVED it!

So I might pick it up for him for Christmas.

He's ready to start shredin'
 He also found a snowboard.  It's plastic and fake.  But it would be fun for both the kids to have.  I could sorta teach them in the ditch behind Stacey's house, or on one of the little hills in the back of our housing, or at the sledding hill at Kayleigh's school.  There are a lot of possiblitiies.  They say kids aren't ready to learn to board utnil 8 or so.  After the great Ski-pocalypse  last year I think we have a few years until Kayleigh is ready.  But Spencer LOVED skiing.  I think he will take to boarding when he is a bit bigger.  But the little kiddy boards will be fun for them (maybe I can get in a little practice before Nate comes home too!).  So I am definitely getting the kids those.

I also decided to buy a new light coat (I actually got 2).  I've been wearing the liner for my too big jacket and it's really bugging me.  It didn't lose all this weight to hide in too big for me clothes.  I mean I'm not going to be going out in a miniskirt and a tube top any time soon (or ever).  But I shouldn't be swimming in my clothes either. 

I have a fantastic new down jacket that Nate bought me when he was here.  But for the time being it's overkill.  It's cool, but not down jacket cool.  So I found a couple cute things.  Not exactly what I wanted.  But enough to get me through until I can break our my new awesome jacket!

I don't think I NEED any other clothes for the winter.  I have plenty of sweaters.  I may grab a couple more Cuddle Duds tops and another pair of bottoms, just for layering.  That and the ones I have are too big!  That seems to be my problem right now.  I bought all new "summer" stuff and now all last year's winter stuff is too big.  I do think I have enough sweaters to last the season and they fit fairly well thank god.  But once stuff starts clearancing out I need to get more sweaters.  I still have my eye on these boots.  But I can't pull the trigger.  Two hundred dollars on a pair of boots really seems excessive to me.  I wish they had them in store here so I could see if I really love them as much as I think I do.  I know a lot of people LOVE the suede Uggs.  But from what I see they look great in October/November, but by March they look like ass.  Now some people (very few) are diligent about cleaning them every night so they don't get salt build up.  I am not that person.  I want something with little maintenance, easy to put on, warm and CUTE!  These SEEM to fit the bill, but I just don't know.

This afternoon Spencer had Tang Soo Do.  He's is really improving.  His instructor was very impressed with him today.  He is starting to understand the structure of the class and remembering the stretches.  He is also doing really well on his kicks.  I am really proud of him!

I ran a couple of miles on the treadmill before class.  It was short and I hated the first 5 minutes.  But once I got back into the groove it felt great.  I only did 2.5 miles because I wanted to watch Spencer in class so I cut it short.  I really need to decide what I want to do for workouts in the winter.  I know I want to snowshoe and X-Country Ski and those are both good workouts.  I  also want to continue to lift.  So it seems like running is going to have to take a back seat for a while.  Maybe I'll run once a week, just to keep it up so I can start training once the snow melts.  Then I can fit in all the other things I want to do.  I don't know I still have a lot to think about and figure out with all of this. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm excited to see what my present is! You've done a great job of keeping it a secret which makes it even more exciting. I can't wait to see what it is and the kids better not spoil it. Of course like you said, we know how well they can keep a secret.

    Spencer looks super duper cute in the spider man mask. I think this super hero kick he is getting into will help us out with Christmas... at least with him. Kayleigh on the other hand. I think she is becoming a lot like you in the gifts department. I really want Christmas to be special for her. I know that she wants a DSi, which you are already planning to buy, but what else does she want. I need some ideas for her because I don't have anything. I say she is like you in this department because she really isn't that big of a wants person. She is more concerned with what she needs... and she is only seven! WTH!!!

    So I got the package you sent me today. I got to the post office barely in time to pick it up. The pumpkin spice cake smells absolutely delicious. I'm gonna have some after my run tonight. Oh, and thank you for the spandex. I really needed them because my other ones are tearing and rubbing me raw in certain places. I'm so proud of Kayleigh and her grades! It made me very proud of her for doing so well. I'm not even gonna say anything about the S in Social Studies. I'm just proud of her for doing so well in everything else. And Spencer's leaf... that was very sweet of him to send that to me. I can't remember if he told me he was or not, but either way I forgot about it. So it was a nice surprise to find.

    So I had to cancel the tour for this weekend. I love getting last minute news. Apparently, there is gonna be a full up generation. It starts Friday and we are being put on 12's. We were told it might end Friday, it might not end Friday so be prepared to work Saturday and possibly Sunday. It's BS. I already paid for the ticket and everything. Luckily, I was able to get a refund. I had to go to ITT with my card for them to be able to do it, but that worked out to my advantage. I registered for four other tours. Unfortunately, that pushes the DMZ trip back to the end of this month. Here is what the touring schedule looks like for me if everything works out. 15 Oct - Kosu Cave & boat ride, 29 Oct - DMZ, 20 Nov - Herb Island and 27 Nov - Seoul City Tour. So that is my itinerary for traveling through November.

    Well, my run went well. I ran 6.01 miles in 57 minutes. It felt really good too. The first part of my run was a 1.5 mile run without pushing myself too hard. I ran that in 12:20. So it looks like I'm getting back to where I was last year and it feels good to say that.

    Well Babe, that is all I have. I will talk with you in the morning. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them. I hope your day goes well. I Love You and Miss You Very Much!!!!

    ReplyDelete