Saturday, October 22, 2011

258/365

Today was pretty boring.  Not much happened.  We played Just Dance again this morning.  It was fun.  Kayleigh really liked it.  Spencer not so much.  Mostly because he just doesn't have that kind of coordination yet.

 I made two new recipes today.  This morning for breakfast we had Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake.  It was really good.  But it took FOREVER to bake all the way through.  The recipe says 35 minutes, well it took more like and hour and fifteen!  That means we didn't eat breakfast until 11!!!  So I let the kids eat as much as they wanted.  Needless to say there were only two pieces left when all was said and done!  But it was yummy.

Tonight for dinner we had pineapple chicken satay.  I thought it was delicious!  Kayleigh said she liked it and Spencer of course didn't like it.  He did eat his peas though.

This morning, while the cake was baking, I noticed the sun wasn't up still.  I looked it up and the sun was supposed to rise at 9.  Well at 9, when I drug my lazy ass out of bed, it was barely light.  At 1030, I took the picture below.  The sun was BARELY peeking over the mountains.  Now I must not understand how they determine sunrise time.  It can't be when you can actually see the sun.  Because I couldn't see the sun until WELL after 10 this morning. So did someone who lives at the top of those mountains look out their window to determine "sunrise"  Or did the computer that calculated the algorithm neglect the fact that there are mountains right there?  I really don't understand it.  And no amount of googling will tell me what the hell the difference is.  So if anyone out there knows why please tell me, because it is very misleading and I'm annoyed by it.

On a good note,  I took about 100 of this picture.  I first took it with the camera on auto.  I did not like the result.  So I played around with the manual settings and got a bit better of a picture.  The manual mode on my camera really doesn't let me do much, but it did help me make the picture a little better. I think I might try again to mess with the settings more tomorrow morning and see what I come up with.  Maybe I'll even break out the instruction manual ;)

1 comment:

  1. You know, I would kill anyone in the world for some of anything you cooked today! My mouth has been watering since your blog first loaded. Anyways, I found the answer to your question about sunrise. Sunrise is calculated using a flat plane. So obviously, one would have to factor in mountains and trees and such to get their actual sunrise... the point at which the upper part of the sun actually breaks the horizon. Here is the reference I got my info from.



    I hope this puts an end to your suffering. I know how aggravating it is for you to not know something. Hopefully you'll think I'm actually smart now too! ;)

    Well the rest of my day went okay. I played a little QB while I was feeling okay and not in as much pain. But once I started feeling it again I stopped. But the little bit of jogging around I did loosened it up a bit and I'm actually feeling a lot better right now. The rest of the team scrimmaged another squadron and beat the crap out of them while I fell back into coaching mode. Anyways, that's all I got for now.

    Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete