Tuesday, October 11, 2011

247/365


My friend, Rebeckah, husband came home for mid-tour yesterday.  I have been dreading it for a bit.  Not because I didn't want her to get her time with her husband and not because I am a mean person or anything.  I just thought it would make me sad, feel lonely and jealous.  Now, I am sad and lonely.  But that is my own doing.  This stretch of the tour seems much more lonely than any other so far and I am sure the holidays are going to be worse.  But I am not jealous. I am genuinely happy that she has her husband home.  And it made me smile when I saw the pictures of her husband holding their kids. 

I didn't get to work out today.  Bummer.  I hope this trend doesn't continue.  Spencer does have school tomorrow, so I will have some time.  We went to the Lands End shop in Sears and got Kayleigh some new snowpants.  I went there and yes I paid $50 for a pair of kids snowpants.  I did so from a reccomendation from Nate's cousin, who has lived in Alaska for more than 20 years.  I told her that the stuff they had at Fred  Meyer didn't look like it would last though December.  Kayleigh's pants from last year are still in pretty good shape, but you can tell they are wearing at the knees.  And she only wore then three months.  I can't imagine what they look like after double that time.  Anyway, Hannah (Nate's cousin) said that you have to buy good snowpants if you want them to last.  So either LL Bean or Lands End.  Both guarantee their product, so if anything happens you just take it back and they give you a new one, NO MATTER WHAT!  While I was there today I asked how serious they are about that.  And the lady said that people bring in hand me downs from 10 years ago and they are still replaced.  I told her that Kayleigh's backpack (which I bought when she started kindergarten) is starting to get some small holes in it.  She said, bring it in.  We'll get you a new one!  That makes me SO happy!  So needless to say, I will definitely be shopping there.  Kayleigh loves the pants even though the pink is a little off from the pink in her new jacket.  The only problem is that they are a little too big.  So I am going to hold onto them for a few weeks and see if they go on sale, buy them on sale and return the ones I paid full price for.  Yes, I am that cheap I don't want to have to return twice.

Tonight was Tang Soo Do.  At Nate's request I videoed the whole class.  I did stop when it wasn't Spencer's turn.  And we were a little bit late (because SOMEONE couldn't listen to directions) so I missed most of the warm up.  But here's the video.  I hope you enjoy it babe!

After class, Spencer had to do push ups for being late.  I wonder if that will actually make him realize when I say we have to go that he needs to get his ass in gear?  Probably not.  Well at least I know he will have  a strong upper body! :)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had an okay day. I'm really glad Land's End has that guarantee policy. It will definitely help out while we are there. Hell, maybe even after we leave there. Yes it might be pricey, but if your stuff tears or you outgrow it, they replace it right? So it's kind of a win-win.

    I love the Video of Spencer doing Tang So Do. It is really cute and he looks good doing it. Did the instructors tell him that he would have to do more push-ups if he didn't listen to you?

    Well, my day was boring. I went on one workorder and did one 567 and that was my day. So nothing big or important to report.

    I guess I'll let you go. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them. I Love You Very Much!!!!

    ReplyDelete