The mountains have been calling me. As the snow creeps further down, the more I want to go up and play! So this morning I decided to drive up there and see if I could snowshoe yet. I drove up Arctic Valley to the ski slope. From down here it looks like I could maybe get some early season snowshoeing in. It is the perfect time right now because the sun is up and it is still relatively warm during my free time.
Here is what the mountains behind our house looked like today. Not Rendevouz, where I was going, but I assumed they were around the same height.
The road was clear and I didn't see any snow on the ground until I got to the top. But here are some views of the mountains a little further back. I have no idea how to get back there, if I did I would probably try it.
The last 100 or so meters of the drive were icy. But of course the Subey handled it like it was dry paved road (have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE my car!). From the parking lot, here is a picture of one of the hills.
And another of the ski hill with some scenery to the right...
As you can see, there is snow there. But it is not nearly deep enough to require a snowshoe. More toward the top *might* require something, but I'm not sure I have enough time to get all the way up, back down and to preschool in time to pick Spencer up. So I am going to wait another week or two and try again. I timed it and it took 20 minutes to get up and 15 to get down. So I can drop Spencer off, drop Kayleigh off, grab Lola and head up. The I can snowshoe for about 45 minutes, turn back and go get Spencer. It sucks that I don't have enough time, but I better get this in before I start school again and have ZERO time for this kind of stuff!
Nate and I got in a fight today. Basically I was accused of some BS. What it comes down to is I accepted a friend request from a random person on a social networking sight. I NEVER interacted with this person. He acts like I have all this time to be going out acting a fool. It really makes me mad. I've never done anything to betray his trust. I do agree that now (with Spencer in school) I have some time to myself. I also do have nights after the kids are in bed. But honestly last thing I want to do is go out and ruin my life. When the kids go to bed I usually stay up and clean and then read in bed. WOO HOO! What a crazy life! Then when Spencer's at school, I work out. I may run errands once a week while he's in school. But mostly my "free time" consists of the gym or running outside. Not exactly an active social life. It really hurt today. I don't even know what to say to him about it. He can apologize all he wants, but it isn't going to take what he said to me back. And now his lack of trust in me has me worried about my every move. God forbid the neighbors see me talking to a man somewhere and tell him. It's fucking ridiculous. I've put eight years of work into him. What the hell would I do with another idiot man? I'd have to put another decade into someone else and then still have to interact with Nate (we have 2 kids after all) for the rest of my life. It just is too much work. I don't understand why he would think of me that way. I have done nothing but things for him and the kids for 8 years. I finally get a chance of a little bit of independence and time for myself and this is how I am treated? That was hours ago and I'm still REALLY upset. I don't know how to get over it, but I guess I have to. But for the record, I don't get over things easily and I hold grudges ( I mean I REALLY hold grudges).
The mountains around there look absolutely beautiful. I love the picture you took. It really captures the beauty of Alaska. I too hope you can get some snowshoeing in before you start school again.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm not asking you to forgive me for this morning. It's just that I have NEVER known you to do something random, especially accept a friend request from someone you don't even know. So when you did I got jealous and suspicious. I let me jealousy get the worst of me and it came out. What bothered me more was that you said you accepted his friend request, but you were interested in seeing where other people were running and I questioned that. It seemed contradictory then. I don't know what it is with me. I don't want to speculate, but I think it might be this place and seeing what seems to be 98% of married people here cheating on their significant other. I can tell you I'm NOT part of that 98%, but those are just words. I know you have to believe and trust me when I tell you that. I also know that you have put a whole hell of a lot of work into this relationship. I have in the past given you a reason to doubt me, but you have NEVER given me a reason to doubt you. So like I said, I don't know what it is with me. For the record, I do trust you. I know you hold a mean grudge. I wasn't expecting to be let off easy. I never do when I fuck up. I hope that you can forgive me, but I'm not going to ask you too since we both know that isn't going to accomplish anything.
I guess I'll let you go now. I hope you have a good day and I will talk with you in the morning. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me, please. Tell them I love them and miss them. I Love You!!!!