Saturday, October 29, 2011

265/365

Today is 100 days until Nate hits 365 in Korea.  I know he won't come home at exactly 365 days, but it is a HUGE milestone for us.

Last night, after some reflection, I realized that I am kicking this tours ass!  By no means do I mean that this is a good time or fun.  But I am doing it.  Yeah, I have my bad days.  But I haven't broken.  I'm getting through it.  I realise that I don't have it as bad as many others.  My husband is safe (that is unless NK decides to start acting like idiots again).  Our relationship is better than ever.  Our relationship hasn't ever really been "bad" per se.  I can say that we appreciate eachother more.  We appreciate our time together (even if it's only on Skype).  Our communication has gotten so much better.  I hope all this continues after homecoming.  My trust in him has grown in leaps and bounds.

Today we went tot he Arctic Oasis for their Halloween carnival.  It was a lot of fun.  They had a lot of different games for the kids to play set up.  It was dark and spooky.  They gave out A LOT of candy.  It was much more worth it than the hospital thing.  I think we will not do the hospital next year and do this and I think next year will be fun to do the haunted trail.  I heard it was a TON of fun!

I wanted to share a picture of the book Kayleigh is reading.  She checked it out from the library at school and I was super suprised that they even let her.

It's about warrior cats, something her and the girls from the neighborhood play often.  It's funny she found a book about it.  But what impresses me the most is the length.  Look how thick the damn thing is.

She doesn't seem to be having any problems reading it or understanding it.  I haven't read it, but I've looked through it.  That and I don't think the school library has an erotica section, so I think we're safe. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! Kayleigh is reading a book that thick? I don't even look at books that thick. Hell, I don't even look at magazines and they are way thinner than that. That's really impressive. I know she didn't get it from me. She's a brainiac like her Mommy. I'm really super impressed with her.

    So we will be unofficially under 100 days tomorrow. How awesome would it be if I got to work tomorrow and I had orders? I just can't wait to know what day I'm leaving this place.

    One other thing about all these holidays and fun days, is that next year I'll be there to join in the fun. The more I think about it, the more excited I get to come home.

    Well Babe, I really don't have much tonight. Practice was a complete let down. Only one person showed up. How shitty is that. I guess with the air show and halloween, I can't blame anyone for not showing up. So that was that. I'll let you go now. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. I will talk with you in the morning. I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete