Monday, October 24, 2011

260/365

This morning I decided to head back up to Arctic Valley to snowshoe.  Well, I brought them, but didn't use them.  The snow wasn't THAT deep.  I didn't hike Rendezvous, I just went part way up another little mountain and then turned back because I didn't get my snowshoes out of the car and it was getting a little too deep.   There was TONS of wildlife out this morning.  While I was driving up there I saw this guy, hanging out in a tree.

Then I saw a wolf cross the road right in front of me!  And we saw Ptarmigans!  It was funny because we heard them while we were walking, but I couldn't see them.  Then Lola took off and all I saw was a cloud of white!  I can't believe how fast their feathers change from brown to white.  I saw some on the side of the road about a month ago and they were still brown.  Well here they are now.









They are kind of hard to see, but I suppose that's the point.  Oh and Lola had no problems with the snow today.  I remember the first time she got in the snow.  She was high stepping and looked at us like WTF are you doing to me?  Well not today.  She jumped right in!


















Finally, here are some pictures of some pretty scenery.  It was so pretty this morning.  It was snowing a little.  And it was so peaceful.  It was definitely a great start to the week!

And for good measure, here are a couple pictures of me.  Since I know how much you like to look at me! :)

When Spencer came home from school, he laid on the couch.  Poor kid.  He didn't want any food or drink.  He just laid there and watched TV.  One could make an argument that he  just wanted to be lazy and watch TV all day.  But he is not that kid.  He'll watch a show or two.  But he would rather play with his cars or throw a football around or run around the house like a maniac. 

The dog is now whining like crazy.  I've noticed that she does this after I take her for long runs.  But we didn't really run today.  She chose to run after those ptarmigans, but I didn't make her do anything she didn't want to.  But now she is whining and seems to be limping.  Or at least not putting much weight on her back right leg.  I tried to look at it and she yelped.  But I couldn't tell what is wrong.  I think I'll wait a few days and keep an eye in her, but I might have to take her to the vet.  There goes 200 bucks!  I hope she's ok though.  It seems like everyone's breaking down.  First my stupid finger, then Spencer and now the dog.

I also volunteered to do cupcakes for Kayleigh's brownie meeting today.  So I did the pumpkin ones that I did earlier this month.  And I did THESE chocolate pumpkin cupcakes.  I of course forgot to take a picture.  I was rushed to get Kayleigh out of the house.  I asked Stacey if she could take her since Spencer is laid up and won't even get off the couch let alone go down to the community center.

And that was my Monday.  Another week down only 15 to go, but who's counting?

2 comments:

  1. Starting from the bottom, I'M COUNTING! I can't wait to be back home. I noticed something today. I have called this place home once. I realized it right off the bat when I said it. Because I caught myself and immediately said "like this is really home. NOT!" Home is where the heart is, and it's definitely NOT here. The only time I'm thinking about here is when I'm out-processing because I want to get the F out of here. Outbound today told me that I need the 1466 or a copy of it. No kidding five seconds later the guy was said "you know what, it's N/A." SWEEEEEEET! So back to your blog. I absolutely love the scenery there. It's so beautiful... especially when you are in the photo. I really LOVED the one on the left. You look so beautiful and happy in the picture. The one on the right seemed more forced. And Lola, what the heck got into her? She looked like she was having a blast out there. I have to say, it's nice seeing her like that. And you didn't have to work for it either which is also nice.

    Well, you know how part of my day went. I turned in the rest of my stuff today and outbound said I should get orders in 10-15 days. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! I'm about to be FIGMO! If you forgot, it means Fuck It, Got My Orders. You know, Air Force acronyms. Anyway, that was the bright spot in my day. So I ran everything back by outbound about the COT and reporting in my RNLT month and got the same answer. Guess that means it's true. I sent an email to my sponsor about taking leave in March. I asked for the 9th-19th. Just a couple extra days there. I however didn't mention the 27th. Shit on me. I'll do that tomorrow. Well babe, that's all I have.

    I'll talk with you in the morning. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them very much and miss them. I hope you have another good day. I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete