Today Stacie called me and wanted me to go with her to Lowe's to get some gardening stuff. I jumped at the chance, Lowe's is seriously one of my favorite stores. I've been thinking about a garden more and more. Yesterday I saw an ad in the paper that ODR has gardening plots. So I told her about it and we decided that we are going to do one together. So today I bought some seeds to start. First, these are my herbs.
There is mint, basil, cilantro and oregano in there. I think that I am going to keep these in the back yard in pots. I figure if the housing office has a fit about it they would be very easy to move.
Here are the rest of the plants. There is peas, green beans, tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, two kinds of spinach, cucumbers and a couple of other things I can't think of.
I spent about $20. I figure if I only get one of each plant in the ground and fruiting I still have come out ahead. That and the kids will get to dig in the dirt and see how our food grows. A valuable lesson for life. I am hoping that gardening here is a little easier than in Arizona. Only time will tell.
This is funny. I didn't even think it was dirt until I started reading. I seriously thought you and Stacie made some yummy chocolate treats together and I was gonna be super jealous. So you two started a pot garden together... ahhh! How cute you two are. Anyways, I don't think the housing office will mind if the are in pots and not in the ground. But I hope your gardens flourish and provide you two with a whole lot of sustenance. So today I finally bought a Brita and coffee and some other GOOD treats (minus the Oreo's) for the... thing that is going on this weekend through next. Anyways, it was very nice of you to give me that extra money cause it came in really helpful. So thank you for that. I'm sure I don't tell you thank you enough for all the wonderful things you do for me. Hell, I should just tell you thank you for hanging around me for so long. Six beautiful years with a few minor rough spots. But all in all six wonderful years. Thank you for keeping the kids well nourished, loved, caring, and let's not forget super smart. Oh, and of course I can't go without being a little sarcastic. So thank you for not upgrading your husband. Well, I'll be up when you read this because I start swings tomorrow. YEAH! One whole day to adjust. Gotta love it. I will let you go now and talk to you when you get up. I Love You!
ReplyDelete