Friday, March 4, 2011

27/365

The Agenda
Kayleigh had the day off today and next week is Spring Break.  That means that I have to entertain two kids for 10 whole days.  Yes I know that many people have all their children all day, everyday for a year.  But Kayleigh is pretty high maintenance and when she is off of school I need to do an activity out of the house every few days so well all don't go crazy.  So we came up with a list of the things we want to do.  Kayleigh called it our Spring Break Agenda.  What six year old uses the word agenda?  She seriously cracks me up.

I took the kids to the Arctic Oasis to play and so I could get a work out in.  Guess who forgot her gym shoes?  Yep, me.  I figured that I could do the elliptical in my boots.  So that crazy lady you saw working out in workout clothes and boots was me.

Nate and I had our first fight today.  I don't think you could call it a fight.  I guess it was just an emotionally charged conversation.  We didn't disagree on anything, so you can't call it a fight.  I know he see's everything going on here one way.  So he has an opinion, but he only see's glimpses.  Heck, we've been lucky to talk twice a week, mostly because of the time difference and he has been working long hours.  So he see's a small window of our week. When we talk maybe the kids are a little rambunctious and I have to get onto them so I can hear what he is saying.  That doesn't mean I am sitting here yelling at them all day.  When we talk or even when I blog, I admit that I am stressed.  Who wouldn't be?  The kids aren't exactly their normal selves.  I understand that they are going through a lot.  But daddy being gone is no excuse for poor behaviour.  If I let them walk all over me and get away with everything for the next year, simply because daddy is gone, I don't think I will ever regain the control I need as a parent.  And there is no way Nate will be able to either.  I am doing the best I can and just like I said in my blog on day 14, my best is all I can give and it is going to have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment