Today was pretty eventful. We watched Cars this morning for the 24th time since Nate has been gone. This is what he does to his cars every time we watch. They are lined up watching the race, just like the cars in the movie. Notice Doc Hudson higher up, it's because he is the crew chief.
Please excuse the discusting dog hair, and probably, dog snot. My dog is gross. Thank you
I finally took Spencer to story time like I have been saying I was going to. It was ok. Not the best I've ever been to, but not the worst. There were a lot of people there. Too many to be able to try to make friends with anyone. But after the story was over Spencer and I went to look at books. There was a mom there with a little boy and they were looking at dinosaur books. Just up Spencer's alley. And we got to talking. It turns out that they live right across the cul-de-sac from us and Kayleigh has played with her daughter before. I've never seen her before because our little neighborhood is sort of cliquey and she just doesn't fit in with the typical Air Force wife. Much like me, she is also prior active duty. She seems really cool. We sat there and BS'd in the childrens section of the library for a while and exchange numbers. I am really excited to have a potential friend.
I rushed out of the library because Nate texted me saying that he was on Skype and could talk. So I think we may have left Spencer's cars there because I can not find them anywhere here in the house. I really should call them and see if someone turned them in, since they are his security blanket. But I told him we would go to Target and get some new ones. He has many more to pacify him, but the two we lost were his favorite, #88 and Lightning McQueen with the eyes that move. I think we will go and try to replace them on Friday. I bet he would forget about 88 if I bought him "The King".
Next, the people finally got in touch with me about inspecting our broken furniture. After him not showing up for our scheduled time and me waiting on him for almost an hour the guy came and looked at the dining room table and said it was an easy fix. He took the broken part out and is going to make me a new one. So hopefully soon, like within the week, we should have our dining room table back. Funny thing. I was mad because they broke my table. But since it has been three weeks, I have been coming around to the idea that we would get a new table. And now that I will have my table back I sort of want a new one. Damn fickle women. Of course I won't get a new one because I am not wasteful like that. That and I need a new couch since ours doesn't fit.
I got in touch with some people at Girl Scouts. There is a troop that meets on Thursday's from 1815-1945 on Ft. Rich. It is a little late of a meeting, but there is no school on Friday so I think we are going to try it out and see. Maybe the people are great (who knows they are Army after all ;) ) I am sure Kayleigh will be excited to finally start Girl Scouts after so long of me telling her that she could.
And last, but most important, they came out with the Froyo update for my phone! Oh, yes they did. That may not mean much to anyone else, but it kicks ass in my book. You see, I used to have the Droid Incredible on Verizon. I loved that phone. It was great. Verizon's network was awesome, we had service EVERYWHERE! I could Skype from it, it had great apps. I just loved that phone. But on our way up here I dropped it in the toilet and killed it. I lost everything. *sad face* When we got up here we were looking for a new carrier and phone because we thought that any smart phone would have Skype capability and that was a must for us. Back when Nate was in Germany and I was in England we EACH had $400-500 phone bills. So that was $800-1000 a month we were paying for contact. There is no way we could afford that now with me not working. So Skype is the best and FREE way to talk. And if he called while the kids and I were out we could still talk if my phone had Skype. I am not a fan of iPhone or i-anything so we went with the Samsung Captivate. And it is OK as a phone. But the biggest thing was that it still was running the first version of Android and Skype did not support that version. There has been a big stink about AT&T and Samsung not updating to the second version (seeing how the 3rd version is out and the 4th is coming soon). But not to worry it is out now and it kicks ass because I now have SKYPE on my phone. That means no more missed calls from Nate and I can talk to him anytime. I can even talk to him from bed ;)
Oh one more last thing. Kayleigh had homework today that wanted her to go around the house and find things that were certain shapes. For round she found the knobs on my side table. You were supposed to draw them and write what it is. This is what was on her paper....
| This to me is priceless, so priceless that I may post it on FB to get other opinions |
Now, it may be because my husband is gone, but does that look like a cock and balls to anyone else? Is her teacher going to think she was looking at a mans genitalia and saw something round? Please tell me I am crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment