I got Kayleigh's report card today. She did amazing! She got all O's (outstanding) and one S+ (satisfies requirement +) in handwriting. Basically because she needs to slow down and quit rushing. She is thriving here and it makes me happy. She is reading at a level 26 and the requirement for the end of first grade is to read between 16 and 20. He teacher has her on a special spelling program because she can already spell the words they are covering. She definitely does not get that from me. That is what I love about her teacher. She modifies lessons to work with the child's skill. We did not get that in Arizona. If they were not reading at a first grade level from the beginning of Kindergarten, they had to learn the ABC's with the rest of the kids. Even if they already knew them. I ended up supplementing a lot at home. I never said Kayleigh was a genius and needed to be moved up. But it makes me happy that her teacher recognizes that she could work on things that are a little harder and it makes it happen. I guess it is easier to make more individual plans when you have 16 students in a class instead of 28.
All that snow I showed you yesterday, is gone now! And this is what the back yard looks like instead...
We have an inch of standing water on our back porch. Spencer thought it would be fun to splash in it! So I figured that I should just let him be a boy and play in the puddles. He really hasn't had much of a chance to play in mud and puddles. Well he is going to get a chance up here!
 |
| I love how you can see the water flying at you in this one! |
After he splashed around he asked to go snow shoeing. It was about an hour before we had to get Kayleigh from the bus stop, but I decided that we could go and walk around behind our house and in the trees there. It was fun. The snow was difficult to walk through because it was so wet and heavy. I think tomorrow we are going to head up to Eagle River for sure before everything melts really bad and get one last snow shoe trip in before we have to break out the rain boots.
No comments:
Post a Comment