It is warming up and the snow is melting. Today the ice scraper came around and scraped all the ice off the road. One thing I like about living in base housing is that there are always kids around. Our little cul de sac is great because there is always some kids outside to play with. And they all seem to get along pretty well. Today all the neighborhood kids were out riding their scooters. Kayleigh and Spencer wanted to go out too. So I let them. Poor Spencer. We gave his bike to the Airman's Attic when we left Arizona and I fully planned on buying him a new bike for his birthday. Because of that he had nothing to ride. I felt so bad for him. He was in tears asking for a scooter or something to ride. I may just go somewhere tomorrow and pick him up a little scooter so that he has something and doesn't feel so left out.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
46/365
Today was even harder than yesterday. It seems like as time is going by it is getting harder, not easier. Everyone says the first little bit is hard, but once you get a routine down things get better. Well, I started out ok. But each day seems to he harder than the rest. Kayleigh had a complete break down. She started crying and screaming and was inconsolable. She looked at Lola and said,"I hate you. You remind me of my daddy." Then she went into a monologue of how she hated everything because it all reminded her of daddy. It was probably the worst meltdown she has had so far. I am really hoping that this magical time that everyone talks of is on it's way, soon!

Labels:
365 day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awe... that poor little guy. You should definitely go and get him a scooter or something. That makes me feel sad and at fault for him not being able to participate in all the fun and being left out. I feel horrible now also. What the hell were we thinking. I'm really sorry about Kayleigh. I wish there was something I could do. I wish I could come home right now and give her a hug and kiss and tell that I love her very much. It breaks my heart to know she is having such a hard time with this. I mean we are too, but we are older and are able to deal with it more easily than she can. I hope that the magical time everyone talks about comes soon as well. Well, I Love You! It's off to bed for this old man. Give the kids hugs and kisses for me and tell them I Love Them Very Much!
ReplyDelete{{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDelete