Monday, March 21, 2011

44/365

I forgot that yesterday I made a new recipe; Mini meat loaves.  They were OK.  I origionally picked them out because I thought the kids would like them.  I generally do not like meat loaf.  To me it's just a big chunk o' meat.  Not my style.  Like I said, they were OK.  The kids of course didn't like it.  They both just ate the chunks of cheese out of it and were done.  So I guess this one's a no go, unless Nate really needs to have some meat loaf one night.  Tonight we used up the left over corned beef and made,    Corned beef hash.  When Kayleigh came inside and looked at it, she said EEEWWWW.  Then she took a bite and inhaled the rest.  She loved it.  Spencer did pretty well too.  Both definitely better than last night.  I think this and corned beef and cabbage will be two meals we make each March.
Counting those the two meals from this week I have now officially made (and taken the time to post about) six new recipes.  My goal is 50 in three years.  So I need to pick it up a little, but I am doing pretty good.

Today Spencer and I went to Target, because I am so sick of looking at my bedroom without a real comforter and nothing on the walls, etc.  So I went determined to get something.  All I can say is I have white walls. In Arizona our bedroom was a light blue/gray.  It was beautiful.  I had white curtains and a white duvet cover.  Well about a month before we left my dumb dog jumped on the bed and her talons claws tore a hole in my beautiful West Elm (read: expensive) duvet cover and my down comforter.  The comforter I was able to repair, but the duvet cover is not repairable.  Even if it were still intact, I would probably want something new because our bedroom is now white on white.  I hate white on white.  I loved white because it was easy to keep looking nice.  Wash with bleach and it all came out crisp and clean looking.  But I needed some color.  I liked the blue and white thing we had going on.  I found this today... 
 I am not sure if I like it.  I know I need to add more stuff to the walls.  And I don't know if I like the white curtains.  I spent a lot of money on that fabric because I LOVE it. I just hate white on white.  I also have another problem.  I don't know if I like it better like this...
Blue shams in the way back, Euro shams (I made out of the salvageable pieces of previously mentioned duvet cover) and blue throw pillow on top.  Or is this better...

Euro pillows in back, blue shams then blue pillow.  I don't know.  It is to girly?  Or too flowery for a man.  Do I need to keep looking?  Should I get new curtains?  I really don't want to spend the money.   I really want by blue bedroom back!  It was so easy and simple and clean looking!  I really miss it!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, well first off, let me bring my feminine side out. Okay there it is. I liked the bed better in the first picture. Second off, YES you should by new curtains. The white on white looks stupid and I hate it. Third and finally, Where are the black-out curtains? It's getting to be that time of year when you will start needing them. So I welcome my man-beast back into my body. Ahhhhhhhhhh! That's better! Okay, about the roast beef thing. You know I will want to try it. No homo, but I love meat! Anyways, did you buy anything else while you were out and about? Well, I officially got my first workout in. P90X style and it kicked my ass. Not as bad as the time when it made me puke, but still bad enough. I'm already sore and it has only been about an hour and a half. Well, it's off to bed for this guy. I Love You! Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them I love them and will talk to them soon and I miss them. I MISS YOU TOO! If you are asking,

    ReplyDelete