 |
| Kayleigh receiving her academic award |
Today has been very eventful. First thing this morning we went to Kayleigh's school because she was getting an award. I knew she was getting the academic achievement award because her report card was so good (only one S+ the rest were O's). Spencer and I went to the assembly. Kayleigh gets called up for her academic achievement award and then the teacher moves on to the citizenship awards. Kayleigh was the ONLY one in her class to get the academic achievement! And on top of that she got a citizenship award! I am so proud of her. It made me happy to see that she got an award that she truly deserved, not just because she was leaving or because everyone gets a turn to get one. My friend, Chris, basically told me on facebook that I was worried about nothing. And I agree, I had nothing to worry about with the move. But there has been a few bumps along the way and a big learning curve. Kayleigh's homework as at least doubled since we've moved. We used to spend about 10 minutes. Now it's closer to 20-25. We have to do spelling. There's always a reading assignment. But she has taken it all in stride and excelled. In the next few weeks she will start the second grade spelling list because she can spell almost all the first grade words. She really seems to be doing well here, despite all the curve balls that have been thrown her way. What a marvelous little girl we have.
 |
| Kayleigh up there all alone |
 |
| and now the citizenship award |
 |
| Here she is super proud of her awards |
 |
| This one is so darn cheesy, I HAD to add it |
After the assembly, Spencer and I went and got him a scooter. I broke down and did it because I felt so bad for him yesterday. He spent the rest of the afternoon riding it around the house and hugging me. Thanking me for buying him a brand new scooter. He was over the moon. He was so proud of it that he had to ride it out to the bus stop to pick up Kayleigh so she could see it as soon as she got off the bus. Then he rode it all around the neighborhood with the big kids. They of course passed him up. He yelled, "Wait for me!" while trying to catch up to them. They lapped him, then you could tell he felt cool in the middle of the group of kids riding. I give him a couple of weeks and then he'll be able to keep up better. He just has to get used to it.
 |
Spencer so proud of his new scooter |
 |
| Hey guys, wait for me! |
 |
| Now we're riding! |
Also today, I sold our huge giant sectional! YAY! Except, Boo, we don't have anything to friggin sit on now! There is a whole long annoying story involving dumb army people that I really don't want to get into right now (maybe tomorrow I will type it out). But I got my money and went to the BX, since that is the only place here were I found a couch I even sort of liked in our price range. And bought it. Here is the problem, they deliver, but they have FIVE DAYS before they have to set up delivery! YES FIVE DAYS! And they have SEVEN DAYS before it is required to be delivered. We practically live across the damn street! I am so irritated, but I don't really know anyone here with a truck well enough were I would feel comfortable asking them to help me move a damn couch. So here we will sit with an empty living room until those a-holes at the Bx call and set up delivery. And I will hear from my overly dramatic children how much they miss our brown couch. How sad they are with out it. And I will pull my hair out and probably be bald in the next week. But I will have furniture that fits in my house and I will be happy.
Hey Babe! Sorry about last night. I'm on standby and was at work to almost 2300. I was dead tired and just wanted to sleep. Not to mention we had a recall today. It was the stupidest thing I have ever encountered in the military. They said it was all prep for the ORI, but seriously... did they have to bring us in on a Saturday to do this. We spent the first half of the day in chem gear doing stupid things like checking stantions and covering vehicles and decontaminating each other. Then we had an hour lunch and we went over how to correctly set up a hazwaste zone. After that we got to practice checking out vehicles. And to finish off the day, we got yelled at by the commander for a SSgt getting arrested last night and an airman refusing to be escorted back to base by town patrol. The CC was pissed because everyone knew about the recall and yet people still showed up drunk, puking at the front gate, hungover and otherwise useless. I didn't even say anything to the Chief after I got in because I was so pissed at the people in the shop. I told them yesterday that we had a recall and not show up as any of the above. Yet what happened... I walk in and am almost knocked over by the smell of alcohol in the break room. I WAS PISSED! All I said to them was "what did I tell you all yesterday?" They all answered me and I told them that they would regret not listening to me when I spoke to them yesterday. Well they ended up regretting it at around 1500 this afternoon when they all had headaches and were bellyaching about not leaving and why we were still there. DUMB! Anyways, that was my day in a nutshell. I Love You Very Much! Give the kids a hug and kiss for me.
ReplyDeleteYay Kayleigh! WTG!
ReplyDelete