Monday, March 7, 2011

30/365

Kayleigh's hair before
Today was super busy.  We went to the commissary.  Then came home and ate lunch. Then if was off again.  Kayleigh got her hair cut.  She has been saying that she wants to grow her hair four miles long, like Rapunzel.  But I asked her if she wanted a trim and to continue growing it or to cut it short.  And she chose to cut it short like before.  I was a little wary.  Nate likes long hair.  But it is cute.  I think long hair may be a little too high maintenance right now.  Her hair is difficult.  I have to either straighten it, or do a bunch of stuff to make it curly.  So short is better.  I still have to straighten in, but it is a lot less work.  It takes me about five minutes total to do.
Kayleigh's hair right before bed tonight, she LOVES it

After her hair was cut we went to Target, PetsMart, Sports Authority and Lowes.  We went to Lowes to buy some dowels to do her science fair project.  She has to make a mobile.  I gave her the choice to use the Little People that they never play with or some blank CD's.  She chose Little People because she did not want to scratch the CD's.  So once we got home (three hours after we left) we started to work on her mobile.  It was pretty fun.  We got most of it done and are going to perfect it tomorrow.
Diligently working on her mobile
It was another perfect day here today.  About 30* and sunny.  I would like to find all those people who said that it was too cold here and the weather would depress me and show them this.  This is something you can't get in Arizona.  Beautiful scenery.  Green even in the bleakest months.  We have been here two months and have had more sunny days than cloudy.  Yes, it is cold.  But nothing like we expected.  I swear when we were in England we would go months sometimes without seeing the sun or stars.  Here, it is usually sunny.  Maybe this year is unusual, but it is awesome.  I can feel that spring is trying to push it's way in.  I know that we still have a few months until it is truly here, but I can still feel it getting closer.  And I can't wait.

1 comment: