I will be the first to say that by the second day of whatever-vacation I am usually ready for her to go back to school. But for some reason, I didn't want her to go back. We had such fun staying busy and exploring new things about our new community. I am sad to see spring break come to an end. But summer vacation is only a little over two months away so we will soon be staying up late, sleeping in and hanging out in our jammies.
Today was pretty boring. Spencer and I went to the Oasis. I got a small work out in. I really need to start hitting the gym hard, but the Oasis doesn't have all the equipment I need. I heard the gym on Ft Rich has a daycare, you have to pay for it. But I may check it out.
This afternoon the kids were acting weird. Spencer decided to pull his arms into his shirt and pull it over his legs it looked like he had a head and body, but no arms. He waddled around the house like that for a good 20 minutes. Yes, I know it should not be funny because some people have disabilities and can not help it, blah, blah, blab. But it is hilarious to see a three year old doing just because he wants to. Try explaining being PC to a three year old. Not gonna happen.
Kayleigh was wandering around the house complaining that she was hot. I told her to take off her sweater. So she did, and wore her undershirt around the house. And she was still complaining she was "roasting hot" and asked if she could go outside and cool off. I thought, whatever, she'll go out for 30 seconds, see how cold it is and come back in complaining some more. So I let her. She was out there wandering around, playing with the dog and holding her arms like she was cold. I told her to come in and she said she was still hot. So I let her wander around for about two more minutes, then I MADE her come in. She was not happy with me.
I took these pictures from the warmth of the dining room, I'm not crazy like she is!
Oh and then tonight, both kids refused to go to bed because it was still light out. Never mind that it was almost eight, it was still play time to them. To go with that Spencer refused a nap today. Even though he was very cranky, throwing fits and acting like an all around terror. I thought I finally got him down because I hadn't heard him rustling around in his room for over an hour. When it was time to go get Kayleigh I went up there to wake him and he was sitting in his bed reading a book. If I could show you my angry/frustrated face, I would. What a day!
Are you sure you are not as crazy as Kayleigh? I mean she is a spitting image of you and she acts much like you do. I'm not so convinced that you aren't as crazy as she is. Maybe a little older and wiser, but still just as crazy! But her being out there with the dog and holding herself like she is freezing was quite cute. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a rough day. I really wish there was something that I could do. I know; I will come home in July! No, well I don't know then. I hope your days get better. I Love You and Miss You Terribly!
ReplyDelete