Turns out my first instinct was right. We got there at 1825, the meeting was supposed to start at 1830. So I talked with the leader while we waited for the other girls. At 1850 we started the meeting. Seriously. It was not what I expected at all. We were supposed to be talking about authority figures. She read a book we colored a picture and that was it. She did not seem organized at all. She had no control of the heathens that did attend the meeting. They were probably the worst behaved little girls I have ever seen and I volunteered in Kayleigh's kindergarten class weekly last year. The leader said she has the leader book, but she didn't like the plans that it gives, so she just does what she wants. It is not at all how I would run it. I don't think Kayleigh would be getting very much out of it in this troop. Needless to say tomorrow I am calling the area coordinator and going to try to find another troop. Hopefully one that meets at a better time. Who ever heard of a 1st grader going to Girl Scouts until 1945, ON A SCHOOL NIGHT! Hell, I told Kayleigh if there really wasn't any room for her in another troop I would be willing to start a new troop and lead it myself.
Today's pictures are a little random. I finally bought a shower curtain and stuff for the kids bathroom and go it put together. I still am looking for some wall hangings, I may check out ETSY soon. They have some cute stuff on there.
Wow, that sucks. I can't believe they call themselves girl scouts. That is total BS. You should make mention of it to someone. I like what you did with the kiddos bathroom. It looks really cute. Well, I'm tired and headed to bed. I Love You!
ReplyDelete