Sunday, March 13, 2011

36/365

Last night, after I posted my blog, I was upstairs reading with Kayleigh when Spencer came in.  He had blood all over his face.  He looked at me and said, "Mama, there's brown all over my pillow."  I frantically checked him out and it turns out all he had was a bloody nose.  He has been having them a little bit for the past few weeks.  He's had a cold and has been picking his boogies a lot, so I am sure that it had something to do with it.  So here are a couple of pictures with him looking like the scene of a horror movie.


He did not understand what was all over him

Today I wanted doughnuts and coffee SO bad.  I didn't get them, mainly because it is such a pain to get the kids dressed, get them in the car, drive there, get them out, coats on, into the store, coats off, pick up what I need, coats back on, to the car, coats back off and then drive home.  All for a stinking doughnut.  It really isn't worth it.  When Nate was home, one of us would go alone pick up half a dozen and then the other would stay with the kids and make the coffee.  It is days like today that I really miss my partner. He helps so much around here.  And we work together so well. I realize that I am a lucky woman to have such a wonderful man in my life.  I have said it before and I will say it again, absence really does make the heart grow fonder.  Every time Nate leaves I find a new appreciation of him.  I can not imagine my life without him

I gave the kids a choice between going snowshoeing and going to the pool.  Kayleigh wanted to go to the pool.  Spencer wanted to go snowshoeing.  Spencer is terrified of the pool since we had a near drowning incident last year.  He has never really liked the pool, but tolerated it.  After "the incident" it took us all last summer to get into the pool.  Somehow this afternoon, Kayleigh convinced Spencer to go to the pool.  They were both excited!  So we get all our stuff ready and head out there.  Here we are happy and getting ready to go into the pool. 


As soon as we walk out to the pool area, Spencer looks at me with terror in his eyes and says, "I don't want to go to the pool mommy!"  Needless to say this is what he did the entire time. 


I did manage to get him to go in with me once, but he hung on for dear life and screamed, "Put me back!  Put me back!"  I think next time we go I am going to try out the pool on Ft Richardson.  I hear they have an actual dedicated kiddy pool.  That may give him some incentive to get in.  I guess one of the positive things about this joint base thing is if you don't like a service on one side you can just go to the other and see if it is better.


Right before we left in the locker room Spencer decided he wanted to swim.  So he put on Kayleigh's goggles and pretended to swim around.  It was funny.
That was the end of our day.  We came home, got cleaned up, ate dinner and made some brownies.  YUM!  A delicious end to a nice relaxing Sunday.


PS--Nate, these were our two little friends we saw this morning.

2 comments:

  1. That first picture of him makes me tear up every time. He just looks so confused and scared. Plus you know I don't want anything bad to happen to him. I don't want anything bad to happen to either of them. They are so cute, cuddly, loving, and sweet. It makes me sad. Anyways, you all looked like you had fun at the pool. Well, 66% of you did anyways. But you got Spencer in the pool which is good even though it was probably a dramatic and very scenic moment. I guess you just have to keep working with him and maybe eventually he will come around to the idea. How did Kayleigh do? So Bullwinkle brought his friend around huh? That's just to cool. I'm sure once I get there I will see plenty of moose. I Love You All!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are lucky to have one another!

    ReplyDelete