We tried a pear to share for dessert tonight. Basically you take a pear, split it in half, discard the core and seeds. Then you place each half in a ramekin and brush it with a mixture of 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. Bake for 30 minutes. Once it's out you are supposed to fill the part you scooped out with greek yogurt or whipped cream. We didn't have any so I skipped this step. This is what it looked like.
It was yummy! Spencer didn't finish his, but Kayleigh wanted seconds and thirds. This would be a great dessert for a cool fall night, sitting outside by the campfire.
Today was mundane, much like most days. We went to the Oasis. I got a quick work out in. Then I came home. The kids played outside with their friends. I got a wild hair and started to organize the garage. I wanted the fire pit out of the garage. So I decided to shovel the huge mound of snow out of the area right in front of our house. No I didn't shovel the whole yard, just the little area where flower beds typically are to see what was under there. So I shoveled snow and put the fire pit out there. The front side of our house gets absolutely no sun, so I didn't figure there would be anything there. I was right, some bark dust and rocks lining the outside. The neighbors looked at me like I was crazy. Tomorrow I am going to go and get a chair to sit by it. Maybe one day soon I will sit out there with a fire and watch the kids play. Doesn't that sound nice?
By the time I was done with that Spencer was ready to come in. So he and I came in and made pizza, while Kayleigh stayed out and played with her friends. I love that at least one of my children is at an age where I do not have to be on top of them all the time. It really is nice. Soon both of my kids will be like that. Then I can sit on my butt inside and send them out to play, no parenting skills needed :)
Yummy! Dessert looked fantastic. I will need to try that when I come home. So, yeah it must be nice to not have to watch one of the rugrats all the time. You kind of get it good both ways. Spencer helped you cook which I'm sure you loved. Why wouldn't a woman like a man helping out in the kitchen. Well, I'm gonna keep this one short and head to bed. I Love You! Give the kids a hug and kiss for me.
ReplyDelete