Wednesday, April 13, 2011

67/365

This morning I was a busy bee.  I cleaned all three bathrooms, moped the floors, vacuumed the entire house and started a load of laundry.  All before 10 am.  I felt so accomplished.

The most important part of my day was a total waste.  I found a pair of stools for the kitchen, cheap, on the bases for sale facebook page.  I emailed the lady and asked how tall they were.  She said they were counter height.  Cool, exactly what I need and they are awesome!  Problem, she can only meet me for pick up at 1300, my Nate Skype time!  OK, I can go a day without talking to him to get some stools that I've been wanting for cheap.  So I go get cash out and drive over there.  I look at the stools and they are bar height!  In case you don't know the difference between counter height and bar height; counter height is the kind you can sit at your counter and not rack your knees with.  Bar height is for when you have a higher counter to eat out.  The seat of a bar height stool is about even to a counter top.  So I told the lady they wouldn't work and left.  I booked it home.  Sadly by the time I had gotten home Nate was not on Skype and I missed out on talking to him because of a lady who doesn't know the difference between bar height and counter height. What a bummer day.

After that giant let down and Kayleigh came home, I went out and put together the play house.  I will say, I did not put it together well.  There are many screws that I did not screw in.  Mainly because it takes two people to do it.  One to hold the two pieces together and the other to screw.  So because I did not have that extra person to hold it for me I couldn't hit the holes.  So, I said screw it!  I shook it a little to determine that it wasn't going to fall on them and called it good.

n
The kids playing in the back yard, hopefully the grass will green up soon
Kayleigh invited Talisa and Jeremiah over to play.  They all played in the back yard.  I really like having them in the back so much better than in the front.  I feel like I have so much more control over everything and I don't have to be afraid to come inside and do some chores.  And it gets Lola a little exercise.  She played so well with them.  Then when she was tired she just laid down in the grass and watched over them.  So for a crappy wasteful early afternoon, later today was pretty good.  



Lola watching over the kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. We got to talk. Maybe not the way you would have liked to, but at least we got to hear each others voices. Anyways, I'm sorry you were let down with the "BAR STOOLS." So what is the plan now? You still gonna wait and try to find something cheap? Whatever you want is fine with me. Not like I had to say that or anything cause you already know. Well, after my test and me getting back to work, my day was filled with drama. First, I was talking to the new girl who is getting a shop change cause she has only been in storage and Sgt Southern wants to put her somewhere she can get more experience. But anyways, one of the new Airmen came up to me and asked if we could talk. So I take him out back and he tells me the story of finance not paying him BAH for his child. Of course this is my first time with this kind of issue so I take him to Sgt Southern and let him talk to him with me in the room so I could get some useful experience. We all talk for about an hour about what he needs to do for finance to pay him. End of that story. This next one is kind of one where I need your input and advise. One of the new SrA came to me litterally minutes afterward and said he needed to talk to me behind closed doors. So I said let's go to the bosses office. Sgt Southern had gone to a meeting with the LT. So, he tells me that Holloman told him he could move his family to his home of record and the Air Force would pay him. Well, finance here said they cannot pay him BAH for the area his family is at (which is New York) and that he would have to wait till he got back in the US and moved them to the follow-on location before he would get paid. He diddied them up there so he is out a lot of money. On top of that they aren't going to pay him mileage, gas mileage, or per diem for the trip. They also tell him he has to either suck up the loss for now or he can cancel is follow-on and then they can pay him. I told him I was sure, but I was pretty sure that beside the per diem and mileage stuff, that he probably would have to cancel his follow-on to get paid. Without the JFTR and other financial regs infront of me I couldn't be 100% sure. I asked him why he wanted his follow-on and he said because it was close to his mother who isn't supposed to live another five years according to the doctors. I told him that he had a very difficult decision to make. I sent him home to think about what he wanted to do, go to finance and ask them where he could find the reg that said all that and to get back with me NLT COB Monday. So, I don't know if you knew about all of that travel pay and stuff, but I wanted to ask you anyways. After that... the guy I had to take to the First Shirt didn't have any more news about his wife. I set him up with a financial adviser. Well, he threw a fit about that saying that he didn't need the stress of keeping a budget and his wife didn't need that stress either. I just looked at him and said, we are trying to help you. If you don't want our help that is fine. You will have to figure out what your priorities are and figure things out on your own. I would rather you go and get your finances in order so that they are one less stress point for you. I talked to him (one-way) for about five minutes. I was not letting him walk away without at least agreeing to meet with a financial adviser. Eventually he gave in and I set him up with an appointment for tomorrow. Then it was about time to go home so I had the Airmen go through the vehicles one last time before leaving. And that was my day. Oh, Sgt Southern thinks the cutoff score will be ridiculously high. Simply because every SSGT he talked has said the exact same thing. You know the test was really easy. Well, like I said, that was my day today. I'm heading to bed early tonight. I Love You Very Much!

    ReplyDelete