Wednesday, April 27, 2011

81/365

Today I pretty much hung out with Amber all day.  I went over to her house around 10.  We were there for a while and then decided to go to Tidal Wave books to try to find some hiking books.  I didn't find anything and the boys ran ALL over the store acting like shits boys. 

On the way back to base we were talking about horseback riding.  She wants to find a place for Lexi (her daughter, the one Kayleigh's age) to ride.  I asked her if she had checked out the stables on base.  She said she couldn't really find any info and didn't know where it was so she could stalk it.  So I decided to take her out there. 

When we got there there was a little horse right there.  The damn thing was so cute!  Here she? is...

After that we drove around the back side of the runway.  We found all the AMMO operating sights, they are so much closer to the house than the MSA.  Maybe 3 miles, at most, as opposed to being at the very back of base like the actual MSA.  All I hope is that Nate doesn't end up working storage when he gets here.  I do not want to pay for gas for him driving all the way back there!

Caden also LOVES airplanes so we stopped at some of the statics by the ANG buildings.  They boys ran around and we watched a few F-22's take off.  Those planes are cool.  I don't get to see many of them because they fly the opposite way of where we live.  All I get to see is the belly of C-17's 200 times a day as they turn around directly over our house.  I swear some days I can see the white of the eyes of those pilots! (HAHAHA)

We went back to Amber's house after that and I stayed WAY too long.  I barely got home in time to get Kayleigh.  I pulled in the driveway got Spencer out of the car and then the alarm went off to get her.  I cut it way close!  Honestly to tell you, I did not want to leave her stinking house.  I really like talking to her.  It has always been hard for me to find other wives I relate too.  I swear I am an outsider of every circle.  I'm not super high maintenance and don't spend tons of money all the time.  I'm not a big partier.   I'm not total WT.  I'm not super religious.  And I am relatively young for having a seven and four year old.  Amber on the other hand is pretty close to my age, we both like doing outdoor stuff, our kids are the same age (Kayleigh and Lexie's birthdays are only days apart).  It just makes me really happy that I finally found someone that I can really relate to.

Anyway once I got home Kayleigh wanted Talisa to come over.  So Stacey, Jermiah and Talisa came over to hang out.  Kayleigh wanted to color with her new watercolors she got from the treasure chest at school.  So all the kids painted.  When she went to put them up all she did was close the lid.  She didn't dry out the paints or anything.  So when she put them away she dripped water color water all through the living room and hall to the cupboard under the stairs.  When I saw it I was livid!  Mostly because I just steam cleaned that carpet last night!  I swear if Stacey wasn't here I would have beat her.  I am still pretty pissed, but man.  Stacey saw my frustration and told me that after school the kids are going to her house and I am going to go do something by my self.  I think that is a great idea.  I have no idea what I am going to do (maybe go to Castle Mega Store LOL, or maybe a non kid movie), but I really need to do something.  I am getting pretty close to the end of my rope right now.  Hopefully that will rejuvenate me just enough to last until mid-tour. 

3 comments:

  1. OK I love you!!!!! Your a great writer and you better not go to Castle mega store without me!!!! lol I really enjoy being with you as well. Caden and Spencer enjoy each other for the most part!!! lol their personalities are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum so they drive each other little crazy sometimes but they do fine!
    Ohhh and the boys were defiantly shits.... there’s really no other way to describe it! My favorite part was when Spencer refused to go to the bathroom unless caden would come with him!
    Being the single parent is very hard and you’re doing great, you will make and we both need to make a point to call CYS tomorrow and schedule the boys for some hourly care so we can do whatever or nothing at all! We both need a break!

    PS. The horse was a she I checked…… LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you have made some really good friends there. On the sarcastic side of things; I wonder if I'm gonna have any time with you?! As you noticed I put the sarcastic comment in there because words get misinterpreted when you read black and white and can't hear changes in tones. I definitely think you should take some time for yourself. You sound like you could use it. I apologize that the boys were defiant shits and that Kayleigh destroyed all your hard work. I agree with Amber; being the single parent is hard (like I would know or something), but you are doing great and will make it through. Just please don't do anything crazy. I know it's hard, but when things go wrong, take a break or go somewhere else and cool off. I wish I had something more inspirational to say, but you got stuck with a lousy husband. I apologize about that as well. I guess it's a good thing you have great friends that want to help you out. Hopefully I don't scare them away with my socially awkward self.

    My day was boring and I sat around the office most of the day getting the decs and eprs done. Then we had a CC call and got told because people are stupid and can't make good decisions that we can no longer have Group events with alcohol. Oh what a punishment. People aren't making stupid decisions at Group events, they are making them downtown. Enough of my ranting and raving.

    I hope tomorrow goes a lot more smoothly for you. Take some time for yourself and I will talk to you tomorrow around your schedule for a change. I Love You and can't wait to talk with you Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I fall in the "super high maintenance" category? LMAO! Glad you found someone else who appreciates how wonderful you are!

    ReplyDelete