Today I got a sudden urge to get rid of a bunch of stuff and re-arrange the play room. I really am not happy with the way things are arranged in the entire house. So I flipped the way I had the dining table and then I decided that the only room that I can actually move the furniture is the play room and the kids rooms. So I decided to try to do something with the playroom. Here is what it looked like before.
So I decided to move the shelves down to the corner. I am selling Handy Manny's workshop and I took Kayleigh's dollhouse up to her room and brought her desk down. Ideally I would like to get rid of the doll house because she NEVER plays with it. But we all know that would be the end of the world. Today she gave Spencer a car that she never plays with. He just decided to sleep with it and now she is throwing a fit about how that was her favorite toy and she loves it and misses it. Could you imagine if I got rid of something bigger like the dollhouse?
This is what it looks like now...
I think I *might* like it a bit more. I am now thinking of moving the computer in there and getting rid of the desk I bought for the living room. I really just don't like the desk I just bought. That is why I don't buy things I don't LOVE, because I just end up not liking them and buying something else. I also am thinking about painting the desk and the shelves. But I am not sure which color. I also need some dang wall art or something.
Then there is this wall.
I think I want to put a hutch right there in that blank spot. I don't know. I just want to find one that I LOVE. Amber found one on Craigslist and I like it, but I think I want one with doors underneath so I can stuff crap in there and no one will see. I don't have much to display in the top part, but I have stuff that could go in the bottom. I would probably make it a booze cupboard for Nate. :)
Oh, and I have white walls. Would it have killed them to paint them a fricking cream or something? Why do they have to be white?
Oh and then there's this. I wrote it earlier today before my wild hair and there is virtually no way to tie it in or make it flow from furniture talk to this, so here it is. No transition, nothing.
The other day Nate asked me "Besides working out and cleaning, what do you do all day?". I know he didn't mean it in a mean way. I could have taken it that way, but I probably don't write in as much detail as he would like to hear about my day and what I did. It is always about the kids and what they are doing. So I started thinking about what I do all day. And the answer is not much. And what I do is mundane day to day stuff. So pretty much everything I did and took care of at Luke, I still do and take care of. All the stuff Nate and I worked on together, from weekend around the house projects to cooking dinner, I do alone now. And all the stuff Nate did, I do. So I do everything, every day. Getting Spencer to do anything has become next to impossible. I would say at least an hour of my day is spent arguing with him. If I try to help him do something, he can do it himself. If I try to get him to do something himself, he magically needs my help. Everything from eating and getting dressed to wearing a helmet to ride his scooter and putting a damn jacket on is an argument.
No comments:
Post a Comment