Saturday, April 23, 2011

77/365

Today was busy, busy, busy.  First we went over to Ft Rich for an Easter Egg hunt.  WE met up with Amber and then kids there. It was so fun.  There were a lot of eggs!
Kayleigh, Lexi, Caiden and  Spencer

When we were done there we stopped by the BX to look at shoes.  They had Twinkle Toes for Kayleigh, but only size 12 and 2.  She really needs a 12.5.  She fits a 12 nicely, but there is no room for her to grow into them.  When we first got there I told her to show me all the shoes she likes and would wear.  So when I couldn't find her Twinkle Toes in her size, and they only had one pair of any of the shoes she liked in her size she was dissappointed.  I told her she could get those or we could keep looking.  Ultimately she chose these.  On the plus side they were only $25.  Spencer also got a pair of shoes.  They had two kids of the same shoe, one lights up the other does not.  The ones that did not were $17 and the others were $23.  I let him choose and of course he chose light up shoes.  So they are both happy with their purchases.

After the BX we had a gymnastics make up class.  Coach Jill was very nice and also did an Easter Egg Hunt with the kids.  So we got even more Easter Eggs and candy.

After that Amber, the kids and I all went to BK to eat and then the wonderful park behind BK.  That park is amazing.  We played hide and seek and then the kids swung for a bit.  It was so much fun!  I know when Nate gets home we will probably frequent that park often.  It is really cool.

While we were there I saw this little guy...

He was teenie tiny.  He looks just like a hamster and was about the size of one.  They are all over the place.  I have been seeing then dart all over the ground, but never got a close enough look to really see what it was.  I just assumed that they were ground squirels.  I really want to know what it is.  The darn thing was so cute though.

After almost two hours at the park we headed home.  The kids watched Tangled while I boiled the eggs.  Then we colored them.

And now the kids are in bed and I need to make up the Easter baskets.  FUN!  I really am not in the mood for Easter.  I wish I had Nate's help to make up the baskets and eat some candy with me.  But next year we will be together and this is the price we pay as a military family.

HAPPY EASTER!

PS~ There are more pics of today on my Facebook if you care to see more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you, Amber and the kids had a lot of fun today. It looks like they were very excited. I'm sure they conked right out once they hit the bed. I'm sure it was a pleasurable day for you as well since the kids were having fun all by themselves.

    Well, I had a good day myself. We went to the fortress and what we didn't know is that it surrounded old Suwon village. So I got plenty of exercise as well. I'll post pictures on Facebook. But I had a lot of fun just walking around there. The worst part of the day was walking up some 400-500 stairs. We were all sweaty and tired once we reached the top. But the top had a very nice view of the entire city. Once we got back, I looked into some other shops to get the kids jerseys made. I found the one with the best price. 30 dollars for a custom made jersey. So it's gonna be $60 for two of them. No one however make hoodies and that sucks. By the way, do you like cashmere? I was thinking of having a cashmere jacket made for me and wanted to know if you would want one as well. They normally run from $60-$150 dollars. Obviously I would be getting the cheapest one I could find, but for you I would get one that is a little more pricy.

    Well, that is all I have. I will talk to you in the morning if you are around. I Love You!

    ReplyDelete