Monday, April 25, 2011

79/365

Look at that concentration
Today was another day.  We hung out, watched Cars...again.  Went to the sizzle.  Came home and talked to the hubby for a few.  Then lunch and the Oasis with Amber and Caiden for a quick workout.  Then back home.  Homework.  And outside to play until dinner and bed.  That seems to bee the sum of most of my days.  Weekdays especially.

One funny thing that happend was with Lola.  I have a plastic runner in front of the back door so I have a semi-safe place to dry her paws before she comes inside.  And she started pawing at it.  She was going crazy, it looked like she was trying to eat the damn thing.   Spencer goes over to see what she is doing and yells, "Mommy, SPIDER!  There's a spider."  I go over to see what the fuss is and sure as shit there is a spider under the runner and Lola is dying to get at it.  So I lifted the runner and let her have at it.  She was so excited, it was like a late Easter present for her.  Here she is trying to get the spider through the plastic.

Outside, I raked leaves and the kids played.  It started to rain.  Man, I have missed the rain.  The smell is so fresh and clean.  It was so fun.  I just love being out in it.  It didn't make the kids come in either.  I just let them play.  It wasn't a nasty mist and it wasn't a downpour just a shower.  Growing up in the PNW I played in the rain, I walked home in it, worked outside in it basically I lived in it.  So I figure it will toughen them up.  I don't want my children to be an embarrassment to the NW heritage and use a *gasp* umbrella! ;)

Spencer played with his kite.  It wasn't windy at all so he had to run with it to even get it to go up a little.  But he did pretty good. 

I let all the neighborhood kids use our chalk and they made a scooter path and a GIANT foursquare court in the road.  Here is Kayleigh and her little friends playing foursquare.

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds as if you have a pretty good routine down. It almost makes me want to pull myself off the TDY just because I know it will completely fuck up your routine. I really hope that the kids being able to see me again won't do to much harm. Anyways, Lola is so goofy. Sometimes I wonder if that dog is all there in the head. Spencer obviously loves his kite. He looked so happy to have it and be playing with it. It made me smile really big. And Kayleigh; she is such the social butterfly. But she has a lot of fun just playing with other kids her age and especially when there is chalk involved. So besides you working out all the time and cleaning the house or around the house; what else do you do during your day? I'm just curious is all. I don't mean anything by the question. Anyways, my day was the same old thing so nothing to report there. Well, I Love You! I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete