Monday, February 28, 2011

23/365

Today was Just Another Manic Monday.  Not too much happening.  I paid our rent for February and found out that we don't pay March's rent until April 1st.  Apparently here you pay the month you already stayed, which is nice when you first get here, but I imagine it sucks when you want to move out since you'll have to pay two month's rent at once.  Not to mention deposits and other crap.
How can you tell me THIS isn't he perfect man?!?
We went to the BX and Commissary and bought some crap.  I swear we go shopping every single day.  It's not that I am buying a whole bunch of stuff or spending a lot of money.  It just seems like every day there is something we need that either disappeared between Arizona and here or it's just something we didn't have or I have seemed to run out of everything at the same time.  Today I bought food (obviously) and face lotion and smelly stuff for me. 
I filled up the gas tank.  We still had a little over half a tank left.  But I figured since I had a bit of money left over and we get paid tomorrow I should use the left over money for something useful.  So gas it was.  That and with prices going up the way they are I should fill up now.  Have I ever mentioned I really don't like pumping my own gas?  I'm from Oregon where it is illegal to pump your gas yourself.  It is a wonderful place.  In horrible weather you crack your window, yell "fill it please", slip the poor teenager your card and then magically three minutes later you have a full tank of gas.  In good weather you get out, lean against your car and watch the poor kid work.  Win-win for me! 


The weather was nice today.  Mid-twenties and the sun was out.  But standing there I realized that I do not like to pump gas.  Nate usually did it for me when he was here.  I really don't remember doing it that often in Arizona.  So I figured it out.  Assuming that I only have to fill up twice a month (I could probably get away with once a month, but then I would be below a half a tank.  And I hate getting gas so much when I do that I usually play chicken with the gas light) I only have 22 more gas fill ups left.  And then if you count mid-tour I only have 20 to go.  That is some good news,  Until you stop and think, I've only filled up the car twice.  That means we are only 9% there.  BOO!
At home, Spencer wanted to paint today.  So he painted.  Then played cars.  Then he wanted to vacuum.  So I let him.  I figure if I instill a love of vacuuming in him now I am guaranteeing myself a great relationship with my future daughter-in-law.  That is, if she's not a you-know-what.  Hopefully I train him well for his future wife.  Better than my MIL trained my husband ;) I guess we will see.

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean I'm MIL trained? Anyways, I'm glad Spencer had fun vacuuming for you. You might be out of a job soon. What are you going to do then?

    ReplyDelete