Saturday, February 12, 2011

7/365

I was going to take the kids to Pump-It-Up (a bounce house) today.  But their Saturday session is from 10-12 and I was a little slow getting going.  I didn't get out of the shower until 11, so I decided to take them to see "Gnomeo and Juliet".  It was cute.  Nothing I would buy, but I would probably rent it so they could see it again.  

Then we came home and played.  Spencer really has missed his trains and has not stopped playing with them since we've moved in and I set them up.  The whole time in billeting he said he wanted to play with his train set.  So here are some pictures of the boy doing what he loves, playing with his trains.








After dinner we watched Michael Jackson's movie, "This is it".  As a disclaimer I am not a fan of Michael Jackson and his personal decisions.  However, as a child of the 80's I LOVE his music.  He truly is an inspiration to so many other great artists.  I loved watching every second of it.  The music was great and that show looked to be probably the greatest show EVER!  It's too bad he had to go so early and it's too bad he had to go on my daughter's 5th birthday.  What a damper on a great day.  Anyway the kids liked the music too.  Kayleigh loved that there was a female guitarist.  I had to break out the Wii Rock Band guitar so she could "jam".  It was too cute to not take pictures.

She was really getting into it.  Excuse the bad quality, but it truly captured how into it she was.

This was an in-motion shot
She looks like a BA guitarist




Spencer got into it a little too.  That is Kayleigh playing the drums on the blue ball.

The saddest thing that happened today was when I was putting Spencer to bed.  I read him his story and hugged and kissed him.  Then he looks at me with those sad green eyes and said, "I miss my daddy".  So we talked for a couple of minutes and I hugged and kissed him more, telling him that his daddy loves him and misses him.  Then the worst was, "My daddy never came back".  It broke my heart.  I know Nate will come back, but Spencer is only three and he doesn't think his daddy is coming back. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment