Today Nate left. We woke up and decided to go out to breakfast. We went to a place called Snow City Cafe, at the recommendation of a friend. It was really good food. After we ate we went to pay my cell phone bill and then to the BX. We did everything we possibly could do so Nate didn't have to pack. Yes hours before leaving for a year, he still hadn't packed. So around 1 we got back here and he started to pack. It was really sad.
I think I held it together pretty well. I didn't cry nearly as much as I thought I would. Heck I even cried less than Nate, which has never happened since I am a big cry baby. When Kayleigh saw Nate was crying she gave him a hug and said, "Daddy, I've never seen you cry before." :( :( :( How sad is that?
Around 4 we dropped Nate off and all hell broke loose. Well with the dramatic one at least. Spencer fell asleep on the way to the airport. When Nate tried to wake him up to tell him goodbye, there was no waking him. He was out cold. But Kayleigh cried, it was an ugly cry. We had to go to Wal*Mart after we dropped him off. She cried the entire way there and then I had to sit in the parking lot for 20 minutes until she finally composed herself enough to go in.
Friends and family have been so supportive during this whole ordeal. I really appreciate it and please keep it coming. We are doing ok for now, but I have a feeling in a few weeks things aren't going to be so easy.
Here is yesterday's picture. I wanted to try to do a beautiful picture of both kids hugging their daddy, but I didn't have the camera in hand when the moment came, I was working too hard to keep myself from breaking down. So the picture is the kids playing with a "Sock Monkey in a Box" while we were waiting to be seated for breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment