Friday was Nate's last full day here. We decided to use our free PCS daycare and have a day to ourselves. After we dropped Kayleigh off at school we dropped Spencer off at daycare.
Nate decided that he wanted to go snowboarding at the ski hill here on base. I though it was a great idea. It completed one of the 15 dates I wanted to go on. And it crosses #7 of my list.
The hill doesn't open until noon, so we piddled around the house. Then we ate some lunch and off we went. I have never been snowboarding before. In fact, I skied for the first time a couple of weekends ago. So I was scared. I knew I would spend most of the afternoon on my butt, but I didn't care. I was just happy that I was out doing something with my husband that HE likes to do. So Nate taught me how to stand up, go downhill and stop. Let me tell you, none of this is easy in any way. I honestly don't know how all the teenage stoners I grew up with could possibly have done it. Anyway here are a few pictures of our afternoon.
 |
| Got to the top of the bunny slope and strapped in, +1 for me! |
 |
| Nate getting strapped in |
 |
| Me attempting to stand up |
 |
| Nate made it look so easy!! |
 |
| This is what I did most the afternoon |
 |
| Even though it was in the low 20's we worked up a sweat! |
 |
| At the end of the day, I finally could get down the hill. I still fell, but I only fell about twice the whole way down! |
 |
| Here we are at the end of the day! I love you honey!!!! <3 |
Devi~ You are a strong woman and I know you can get through this! Love the pics from your first day!
ReplyDelete