
Today we went to a boy in Kayleigh's class birthday party. It went OK. The kids were both SUPER excited to go. We went and it all started well enough. All the boys were super excited to see Kayleigh and they played. Then came mini-golf. Spencer loved it. By the end he even had the grip down. And he did pretty well if I do say so myself.
 |
| It looks like Spencer perfected his grip |
After a while, Kayleigh started to feel excluded. The boys really wouldn't let her do anything. So she left the party. I went after her and comforted her and told her we were going to have cake soon and then we could leave. Dylan, the boy she was separated from in school because they flirt too much, was there. He was so sweet to her. He saw she was upset and asked her to play with him. But Kayleigh being Kayleigh she would rather be all mopey on my lap than play. So that is what she did. I did think Dylan was sweet though. We had cake, and she seemed to come around a little and played some more. Then we went home. I guess the lesson I learned today is that Kayleigh is not me and can not comfortably play with a large group of boys and be happy. I guess it was a good lesson.
 |
| Cake seemed to make it all better |
 |
| Here is the mopey girl |
For dinner, I had left overs and the kids had a bowl of cereal. Yes, I see mother of the year slipping further and further away. But I did not want to cook. Maybe tomorrow. :)
I got the kids baths and put them to bed and ended the day with this... oh and some Amazing Race!
Awe poor Kayleigh. None of the boys wanted to play with their little girl friend. It might sound horrible to say, but it's a bro party. Bro's before ho's... or something like that. Well hopefully she gets over it. Give her a hug for me. Spencer looked like he really had a lot of fun. At least he did and it wasn't a complete failure right.
ReplyDelete