Tonight we had Pumpkin Pancakes with Pumpkin Butter for dinner. While tonight was not the first time that I made these, they are a new recipe that we tried since I started the blog. I just hadn't posted anything about them yet. I found the recipes at Gina's Skinny Taste back when I was doing weight watchers. She has some wonderful recipes that are low-cal and pretty good for you. Just don't tell Nate or the kids ;) The pumpkin butter is AWESOME. I put it on toast, peanut butter sandwhiches, pancakes and in oatmeal. It really is good.
So here are the recipes:
PUMPKIN BUTTER | |
29 OZ can pumpkin puree | 1 cup packed brown sugar |
2 tsp vanilla | 2-3 cinnamon sticks |
¾ cup apple cider or apple juice | 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice |
1. Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well.
2. 2. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Adjust spices to your taste.
Servings: 14 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup Calories: 88.2 • Fat: 0.3 g • Protein: 1.0 g • Carb: 27.3 g • Fiber: 2.5 g
PUMPKIN PANCAKES WITH PUMPKIN BUTTER | |
1 cup whole wheat flour | 1 Tbsp brown sugar |
2 tsp baking powder | 1 cup milk |
¼ tsp salt | 3 large egg whites |
½ tsp cinnamon | 2 tsp oil |
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice | 1 tsp vanilla |
¼ cup pumpkin butter | ½ cup pumpkin butter, for topping |
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. . Combine milk, egg whites and pumpkin butter or canned pumpkin in a bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots. Don't over-mix.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
5. Spray oil to lightly coat the skillet and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter.
6. When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes.
7. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
8. Top each serving with an additional 2 tbsp pumpkin butter. In addition you can top with maple syrup or agave,
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 pancakes w/ 2 tbsp pumpkin butter Calories: 254.3 • Fat: 3.4 g • Protein: 9.1 g • Carb: 51.6 g • Fiber: 3.0 g
Did I mention these are delicious, I just LOVE anything pumpkin. I rounded out the meal with some sausage and fruit smoothies. I did take a picture of the meal, but somehow deleted it. *Bangs head on desk* But tonight before bed Kayleigh was acting crazy and asked me if we could do a photo shoot. So here are the pictures from that.
| Kayleigh and I |
| My beautiful daughter and I again |
| We were all supposed to be happy |
| these were supposed to be kisses, but only Kayleigh's worked out |
No comments:
Post a Comment