Wednesday, February 23, 2011

18/365


Last night Spencer had a nightmare.  So he was up at 330.  I let him come and sleep with me.  But at 530 he was still awake and playing, so I made him go back and lay in his own bed.  While we were in bed together I was trying to get him to tell me what his scary dream was.  It took me about an hour to get it out of him.  He said there were snow monsters outside.  I tried to tell him that there was no such thing and it was in his imagination.  But he insists that they are real.  Needless to say we are REALLY tired today.

So most of the day, we hung around the house.  The box guys finally came and I can now walk through the garage.  After Kayleigh got her homework done, we went outside to play.  I took Lola out too.  We walked over to the park behind the houses on the other side of the cul-de-sac.  I walked Lola through the deep snow (up to my hips) to hopefully get her tired out.  The whole time we were out there playing, I kept thinking about all those people in Arizona who said it was too cold to go outside here.  And we would be cooped up inside all the time.   We go out quite a lot here.  Most days, as long as it's in the teens or above.  The kids even played on the play equipment.  Something I thought would be really difficult in full snow gear, but they did it.  

We came home, had nachos for dinner, took baths and went to bed.  I am having a hard time making myself make dinner.  It feels pointless each day when I make a real meal because I know that only 1/3 of the house will eat it.  I miss having Nate to help me cook and to help eat.  I really am going to miss him on Saturday when we  usually do our annual Fancy Shmancy Dinner In.  I think we're just going to go out to eat, so I don't spend the day in tears.  At least if we're out I will have to try to not sob uncontrollably.  Maybe I'll make chocolate covered strawberries in our honor ;) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment