Thursday, February 10, 2011

2/365

So today was moving day.  It was hectic.  I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and screaming like a banshee at the kids.  It wasn't my proudest moment, but it happened.  We miraculously got out of the hotel on time.  But I was frazzled, so frazzled that I turned the wrong way out of the driveway.  So I had to take the long way to drop Kayleigh off.  And what do you know we found a moose!  It was the first moose that we have seen since we got here.  The kids were so excited.  I tried to take a picture, but my camera was at the bottom of a pile of stuff in the passenger seat.  So I picked up my cell phone and whadda ya know, it was dead!  But it was a nice reminder to slow down and enjoy what we came up here for.  I really need that reminder.

I got the kids dropped off and came back to the house to wait for the movers.  I was unpacking stuff in the kitchen when I heard Lola in the other room.  Guess what she did?  She took a dump in the middle of the living room floor.  All I could think is, "You've got to be kidding me!"

So the movers get here and things seem to be going well.  Nothing was broken and I was relieved.  Until...we got to the kitchen table.  The part where the leg connects to the table was split in two.  I could have a table, but it would be a three legged table.  I tell the movers, "OK.  I can deal with it, we'll just eat at the coffee table."  No big deal.  Until...I walk back into the garage and I hear the mover say, "Oh gosh.  I hope this isn't here coffee table.".  So our kitchen table and coffee table are both broken.  I LOVED my kitchen table.  I am really sad that I have to get a new one.  Tonight's picture is of our white trash lawn furniture as indoor furniture.

Yes, my kids were eating pizza for the second night in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment