This afternoon was Kayleigh's parent/teacher conference. It went pretty well. She is doing very well academically. Her teachers do have a few other concerns. Her self esteem is one. In a journal entry she wrote all about how much she doesn't like herself. That just makes me so sad. She is six years old and should not think of herself like that. I try everyday to tell her how great she is and she still thinks this. I know she is a perfectionist (like me), but it just hurts that she doesn't think she's as great as I know she is. The other thing is her attention from boys. She flirts with a little boy named Dylan at her table everyday and wrote a journal entry about how much she loves him. Along with that during carpet time she is always cuddling with one of the boys. She holds their hand and squishes right up to them. Miss H. said it wasn't inappropriate behavior and was innocent, but still I hate it. So tonight we talked and I asked her to not cuddle the boys at school anymore. If she wants to cuddle, she should come home and cuddle me.
Lastly, her teacher was concerned that she was a little obsessed with Kendra. Which I agree that her talking all the time about a dead baby sister that she shouldn't even remember existed is a little concerning. Anyway, her teacher told me that she wrote a story about her. That really bothered me. She gave me the story and I did not want to look at it for fear that it would break my heart. But once I got home I sat down and looked at it. Here's the great part...it's the beginning part of "Tangled". The queen gets pregnant and sick, the flower heals and the baby is born with beautiful glowing blonde hair. Here I am thinking my child is emotionally damaged. But it turns out she is just a plagiarist.
Without further ado, here is her progress report. I'll make it huge so you can read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment