Today we waited ALL day for the cable guy to show up so we can have internet. Yes we got cable too. I didn't want to. I actually wanted to go without for the year Nate is gone. But here there is a data cap on internet. So in order to be able to Skype with Nate and not worry about going over we would have to pay $104 a month for 10 Mbps and 40 Mb. If I paid an extra $20 a month we would have 10Mbps and 50 Mb and also get home phone and premium cable. My Netflix subscription is $20, so it canceled out. Anyway hours after the cable guy left my internet still wasn't working.
I called tech support they were no help. They said they could get a tech out either tomorrow or Friday. That broke my heart because I hadn't seen or heard Nate's voice since Saturday. The tech guy said I could go and exchange my modem and see if that was the problem. I asked him if I could use my modem from Cox and he said no. But he asked me something that struck me a little funny. He thought it was crazy that we had to buy our modem and wanted to know what happened WHEN it broke. Ummmm...I had it for over two years and it never broke. Which leads me to believe that modems break often around here. After Kayleigh's ice cream social we went to the store and exchange it. VIOLA! It worked
Kayleigh's ice cream social was fun. It was at 5pm, yes before dinner. I let my kids eat pizza 2 nights in a row and then on the third night they had ice cream before dinner. Kayleigh's teacher was there and we talked. She is doing very well acedemically, but there are some emotional things she is concerned about. :( But it was really nice to be able to have a relaxed conversation with her teacher about how she is doing.
Tonight's picture is from the ice cream social. Spencer thought it was so cool that he had ice cream before dinner. And no he did not eat his dinner, but Kayleigh did :)
No comments:
Post a Comment