The kids and I spent all morning making Chocolate Raspberry Ganache Cake. It turned out amazing. One problem, when I took the parchment paper out from under the edges (after I frosted it), it cracked. So while it tasted AMAZING it looked pretty ugly.
I took a quick snapshot of the kids and I before we left the house
I figured this would probably be the only picture all day that I would be in. I did wear leggings, but I didn't put them on until RIGHT before we left the house so they wouldn't get all dog-hairy. I swear my clothes are like a magnet to her hair!
We got to the airport right before Nate's plane landed. But it took him FOREVER to actually come out of the terminal. So I took a ton of pictures of the kids, to kill time. They love having their pictures taken.
| The kiddos holding the sign they worked so hard on |
| She made him this heart in school, on the back is a little note for her Daddy |
| He thinks he's so funny |
| Really Spencer? |
| Daddy's almost home!!! |
Finally he came out of the terminal! Kayleigh was the first to run to him!
Spencer was a little more reserved, but finally wen to him too!
The kids showed him the poster they made
Kayleigh hung on him some more
Then we tried to get a picture of the three of them together, this was the best I could get
Finally, it was time to head to baggage claim and get the heck out of there and go home!! When Nate got home, even Lola was happy to see him! I was impressed that she didn't growl or bark at him. She knew exactly who he was!
And that was our homecoming day in a nutshell. We're all just really happy that Nate is finally home!!!
So so SO happy for you guys! Glad he's not having to go back and hope you guys continue to enjoy each other!
ReplyDeleteChico is still not back... :/ It's been crazy emotional month. Blah.
Still? That's crazy! Hopefully he gets home soon so Audri can spend Spring Break with him!
Delete