So it feels like late March out there...
I hear it was SUPER cold in Korea! When I checked this morning it was -2*!
Kayleigh broke my heart today. :( She came home and was acting HORRIBLE. I sent her to her room and while she was going up the stairs she hip checked her brother right into the wall! I was LIVID! I burst into her room and started yelling at her. Then when I calmed down, we started to talk. I asked her why she has been so mean lately. Of course she starts crying and saying, "I don't know" Then, "It's because I miss daddy!" I called her on it. She is not acting mean for the past few weeks, telling her brother she hates him etc because her dad is gone. That is BS. Then she broke down crying even worse and told me that two fourth or fifth graders have been making fun of her, telling her she has a big belly. And Megan, a girl in her class, says the same thing. And today Megan told her it looks like she has a baby in her belly. I started crying.
After a lot of talking, I got the real story out of her. I
didn't really believe that any big kids would say that because they are
never together. They do have lunch and recess with fourth graders, but
they are in their snow gear. You can't tell. So she finally told me
that she just feels fat in her snow gear. She thinks she looks fat! Megan does make fun of her. I emailed her teacher to make her aware of the situation. I hope it stops.
Does this look fat?
Seriously she's seven. Yeah, she's still got that baby potbelly going on, but she is FAR from overweight! It made me break down and start crying. She's so beautiful and I never want her to doubt that.
That's sad. It really makes me sad that someone would say that. She is beautiful. And so what if she has a potbelly. I had one of those until I was 12. Then I grew in to it and it went away. She doesn't need to be obsessive about how she looks. Every child goes through it. It's part of growing up. Yesterday when you told me all this it really pissed me off, but after I let you go I started thinking about it and I came up with what I said early. It's the truth.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, you know how my test went. No need to talk about that shit again. So I was talking to this guy yesterday. He is coming here from Elmo. He asked if I was in to hunting and fishing. I said yes. He told me if I wanted to get a good kill, that there is a place called chicken further north that is an almost gaurantee you will kill something. We talked for a few minutes about all the great things to do in AK. I told him I was into hunting, fishing, winter sports, hiking, etc. He said I would love it up there. Well, I hope he is right. Our talk just reassured me that I would have a lot of fun there. Anyways, that was my day. I'm officially OP'd and headed home.
I will talk with you in the morning... sometime. I LOVE YOU!