The past five days have been stressful, to say the least. Nate has been "on leave", but running all over the place doing things so that he can leave to get orders for this TDY. Finally, yesterday he got orders and tickets. There was SO much drama. The legal office there was calling us constantly all weekend. One of the Paralegals even went as far yesterday to say that he didn't "understand the seriousness of the situation". She thought he was stalling. When really we kept running into road blocks because he is in PCS status and doesn't belong to a base. There is no way to make orders when you don't have a unit. Anyway, finally everything got worked out and was scheduled to leave at 6 this morning.
Of course I couldn't sleep. I cried. Yep, I cried A LOT! I felt like a HUGE baby. Big fat baby. I just did a year by my self, what's another week. The kids even seemed pretty cool. There were no tears from them. They just asked Nate to wake them before he left. But I couldn't stop crying. I got him back less than a week ago. We're getting into a little routine. I'm getting used to help. And I NEEDED the help. Then they were yanking him away again. I couldn't keep it together. Maybe I'm just uber-emotional because it's that time of the month. But still I couldn't stop crying.
One AM, we're laying in bed. I'm crying and Nate's laying there because he can't sleep. He has to leave again in three hours. The phone rings. All I can think is, WHAT NOW?!?! The six am flight isn't good enough for them? I hand Nate the phone, and I hear the Paralegal on the line telling Nate she has some news. He doesn't have to get on that plane!!! Then come Nate's 20 questions. Why? Is the trial just postponed? Oh, it's canceled? Are you sure you're not going to call me back? As it turns out, they let other key people (ie the chick who got beat up) PCS and couldn't even find them to bring them back to Osan. I guess the moral of the story is, if you want to commit a crime, go to Osan. The JAG there can't get there shit together enough to even bring someone to trial.
I've spent the whole day in bliss. Nate has been amazing and helpful. Really, so far this has been the easiest re-integration yet (mid-tour was horrible). I promise that I will get the homecoming pictures up this week for all of you who are dying to see them! Now, I'm off to go hang out with my hubby and eat some popsicles with the kiddos! Life couldn't get any better right now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment