Thursday, January 3, 2013

Soaked whole wheat bread

So, I haven't been writing like I am supposed to.  Really school got extremely time consuming.  I felt like all I did was school work last semester.  Hopefully, this semester will be a little less demanding and I can get back to writing here weekly and accomplish as many goals as I can.

Today's post is brought to you by bread.  I love bread and I really want to find a good sandwich bread recipe.  All bread is delicious right out of the oven.  But the real test is if it keeps well enough to make sandwiches with throughout the week.  So I tried a soaked whole wheat bread.  You soak the flour in a acidic mixture to break down some of the gluten and make it easier to work with.  Right out of the oven it was nice and chewy and not to yeasty.  How it does through the week is yet to be determined.  This is the recipe I used.  Hopefully it becomes a keeper.  I guess I'll update in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment