Friday, October 5, 2012

Volunteering

I've been doing some volunteering lately.  Yep, I'm going to school, running a house and now volunteering.  It's been a busy life. And that would be why I haven't been keeping up with the blog.  OOPS!

Anyway, a few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to help in Spencer's Kindegarten class, the way I helped in Kayleigh's.  I really enjoyed it, so I decided it would be fun to do again.  So when Mrs Miller sent home a  note asking for volunteers to help with Library time, I jumped on it.  So for the past three weeks, I've been helping out at the library at school in Friday afternoons. 

Beyond that, Girl Scouts started.  I decided to be a troop leader.  So every other week am leading the Brownie half of our Brownie/Junior troop.  Last night was our first meeting, a meet and greet.  I think it went really well.  There are A LOT of girls.  But they all seem really sweet.  And their parents were all on time or early, which is a change to what it was last year.  So I think we have a great year of Girl Scouts ahead of us!!!!

HRS volunteered so far: 4/20!

No comments:

Post a Comment