Yesterday was my birthday. In a word; it sucked. Nate took the day off to “spend time with
me”, but he really sat in the chair all day and played on his phone and
computer, while I did homework. Not
exactly what I would call spending time.
He took no initiative to plan anything.
He said we were going to go rock climbing. But he tried the rock wall at the Arctic
Oasis on Sunday and hurt is stupid foot.
Beyond that, rock climbing was a
date that I planned when I made all those envelopes with monthly dates
on them!!!! So in essence I planned my
own birthday and he didn’t even follow through.
Not a call to see what time they are open, not a reservation, not even
planning how to pay for it (all those dates are all pre-paid, I saved the money
all last year for it), nothing.
Sunday he decided to give me my
gifts. Which is all good. I understand, he actually put a little bit of
thought into that. On Sunday he said
that it would probably be best to do my presents that day, since I had school
and we had stuff with the kids on my actual birthday. So he gave me my presents, which were
fine. I mean he can’t mess up. Getting me presents takes hardly any effort
at all. I give him the money I’ve saved up for presents and then he looks at my
pinterest board titled “Presents for Devi”, where I post links to things that I
would like. He orders it and viola! So
my gifts were fine. I did get this
awesome white trash T-shirt, which was on ETSY.
Because I picked it out I’m going to count it as my #97 , buy
something off ETSY! YAY! At least I accomplished something yesterday. So he did my gifts, +1 for him. However, I guess when he was at the commissary Sunday night getting milk or whatever, he was like "Oh, I might as well grab a cake while I'm here" Not really putting any sort of thought or effort into thinking about what I would like. I don't really ask for much. I'm as low maintenance as they come. But sometimes I would like to be made a priority. To have some thought taken to what I would like. Just a little. I just feel like I'm that cake, an afterthought. And that is not a good feeling to have, especially not on your birthday!
I'm sorry your birthday wasn't what you were hoping for... and that you were made to feel like an after thought. We all drop the ball on important things sometimes and I hope that he will do better next year. hugs!!! Amber
ReplyDelete