This week has SUCKED!!!!! First I was sick. Like I couldn't move from the couch sick. I tried to make Spencer lunch one day and ended up curling up in a little ball on the kitchen floor. It was that bad. I'm behind in school. I'm behind in housework. I'm behind in everything. And it sucks.
Monday morning, my mom called and my Grandma died. A few weeks ago mom called and told me that she had been diagnosed with throat and liver cancer. They actually think it started in her hip and metastasized. Anyway, they gave her six or so months. Ever since then I had it on my mental to do list to call and tell her we were thinking of her. But I never did. Everything else kept getting in the way. The time difference, my school work, Nate being home, the kids. I can't even remember the last time I talked to her on the phone and now I will never get to again. What a horrible person I am. I couldn't take 10 minutes out of my day to call my dying grandmother.
For more sucktacularness, the check engine light came on in my car. So we had to take it to the dealership to get it looked at. I figured while were were there we'd get the 15,000 mile service done. Well it turns out the check engine light went on because the gas cap wasn't tightened!!!! Yeah, go a head and laugh. That and the service cost $600!!!!! We were doing "cash only", no debit or credit cards this month. But Nate didn't have $600 in his pocket to pay for it, so he had to use the debit card. EIGHTEEN days of cash only and it got derailed because of that!!!!
On a positive note, we are also not eating out this month. And that has gone well. Nate and I did go on a date, and we ate out for that, but I'm not counting it because it was planned and paid for months ago. But we're almost done not eating out!!! It's hard. Especially at lunch time. I love going out to lunch. Dinner I'd rather eat at home, but lunch is so easy to eat out. But we've held strong and are almost done!
I'll have to write about our date later, but for now I need to get back to my school work.
So sorry to hear of your loss, Devi. I lost my Gpa in February and it's been hard. My thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteAwe, thanks! I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa!! :(
Delete