Thursday, March 8, 2012

Home made French Dip Sandwhiches

Today we added another recipe to our repertoire; Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches.  I found it on pinterest.  We were looking for recipes for Thursday nights.  They have to be easy.  Because Kayleigh has ballet in the afternoon.  So I can't spend tons of time prepping dinner when we get home.  Crockpot meals are perfect.  So we decided to try it.


Nate and I LOVED IT!!!  Kayleigh and Spencer loved the sandwich, but didn't like the au jus.  Kayleigh of course asked me where the packet stuff I usually make was.  So that was a minor failure, but they both wolfed down the sandwich without dipping it.  Which is fine with me. 

I also made my own french bread rolls.  I LOVE baking fresh bread.  YUM YUM YUM!  Sadly, I broke my Kitchen Aid today :(  I usually knead my dough in the mixer with the dough hook.  It was doing real well, but I stopped it to test the stickiness of the dough and when I turned it on, the motor was making noise (like it was working) but it wasn't spinning.  Which is a total bummer.  I love my mixer.  We've had it almost five years.  But I thought those things were supposed to last much longer.  I swear it seems like nothing has been going our way financially lately.  They cut off our COLA when Nate PCS'd, needless to say we have been REALLY careful with our money this month.  On the plus side we are using it as an opportunity to cross two more things off my list; cash only for one month and no eating out for 30 days.  For that reason I don't know if we can buy a new Kitchen Aid this month.  So I guess I'll have to go buy a hand mixer, or (God forbid) mix things by hand *gasp*  Maybe I'll just have to stop baking for a few weeks.  I'm sure my waistline would love that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment