Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm a bad blogger

So I have officially decided that I am a bad blogger.  I haven't updated this in over two weeks.  I think I am the kind of person that needs to schedule time to blog.  If I say I will update soon, like I did in my last blog, I won't ever get around to it.  There are just so many things to do.  For now I blame getting ready to move.  After that I will blame actually moving.  Then I will blame not having a house yet.  Then will come, I can't do it because we are just getting settled.  Then, Nate's gone and I have no time.  Then, Nate is visiting and I don't want to spend all my time with him blogging.  Then back to the Nate's gone excuse.  And finally will come Nate is home for good and we are adjusting, AGAIN!  If nothing, I am a planner.  I already have all my excuses planned :)

Anyway, the point for this post is to tell about my list crossing off efficiency.  Nate and I went on a date!  YAY.  We honestly haven't gone on a date since last November.  A million things always get in the way and we don't ever get around to it.  For us, we consider it a date if we put the kids to bed early and make a fancy dinner together.  I have had a hard time finding a babysitter for the kids since we left England.  There our neighbor was our babysitter.  It was great.  She came over and if anything bad happened her parents were in the house attached to us.  We could walk to the club, have a few drinks and call it a night.   Here, not so much.  I would really like to find another couple with kids who are close to Kayleigh and Spencer's age.  But that hasn't happened and I really haven't fell in love with any one else as far as letting then watch my children.

The kids gymnastics has this thing called "Parent Survival Night", you take your kids to the gym for three and a half hours and leave them there.  They gorge themselves on pizza, do a craft and play on the gymnastics equipment.  They love it.  The problem is it is $45 for both kids!!!!!  YES FORTY-FIVE DOLLARS!!!  Well it so happens that we have some points saved up ( I was saving them for a free semester of gymnastics) that we need to use before we move.  And guess what one of the things you can pay for with those points, yes PSN!  WOO HOO !  Free babysitting.




I hate dates where you go and sit in a theater and watch a movie.  They seem so impersonal to me.  And expensive, I watch a movie with my husband most weekends, for virtually free.  Since he has very little imagination and didn't want to get yelled at for a crappy date, Nate let me plan the date.

I decided I wanted to  go indoor rock-climbing.  I had driven by this place called Ape Index several times, it's not too far from our house.  So I wanted to try it.  So we went.  We put on sexy safety gear and shoes.

 We learned the basics of how not to kill ourselves and each other.  Then I posed for another picture.  However, that one was blurry.  Lighting when standing between 20 foot walls is not the best for photography.  After that, we did climb.  See, I have proof...
 I really liked it. I thought it would be easy.  And it is easy, if you don't follow the route markers.  At first, I was just climbing and using whichever holds I cold.  Then I realized that all those pretty pieces of colored tape meant something.  You are supposed to chose a color and only use holds that are those colors.  And that's how you really rock climb!  When you do it correctly, it is hard.  Your arms shake and sometimes you have to use ever ounce of strength you have to get your hand to the next hold.  You may even get a little bloody.  And before you know it you have to leave to go pick up your kids.  But not until you realize that in the past three hours you have sweat and bled, but have not eaten.  So we did what anyone would do.  We went to Chipotle, just like everyone else had decided to do at 9:15 on a Friday night.  We took a cute little picture of ourselves waiting in line.

We got our food, got our kids and went home and consumed our 1,000 calorie burrito (we shared of course).

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! at least you did a lot of hard work to burn off the burrito--you'll be ready for Denali in no time =)..our gymnastics gym has the same thing---it's great!

    ReplyDelete