Today we went to the Blueberry Festival out at Alyeska. I wanted to go this morning. But then, of course, the kids started acting like asses. I swear if we plan on doing something that is not hanging out here and playing, they complain and act up so I don't want to go anywhere. I've been really getting crabby lately and I think a lot of it is because we haven't been doing anything that I like to do. It's all about the kids because lately if we don't do what they want, they bitch. After about an hour of me pouting, I decided enough is enough. I am going to do something I would like. I am not going to let the kids dictate what we do. I am the adult and I will do things I like along with things they would enjoy, that way we're all happy. And the kids are exposed to all sorts of things.
So we went. We left our house a little late, so as soon as we got there, we grabbed some food. Spencer couldn't wait to eat.
After we got the food we decided to take the ski lift up the hill to pick berries. I was terrified that the kids were going to fall off the entire time!!!! But I did manage to take pictures with one hand, while "seatbelting" the kids in with the other.
While we were riding up some parasailers went right over our heads, it was pretty stinking cool.
When we got to the top the hunt was on. These were what we were looking for...
They're not too hard to find, but it is slow work. I don't know how anyone can get enough for jams and such in a day. There were a lot of people up there looking for them, but still it's a lot of work for a little reward. But it was tons of fun. The kids got so excited that they found them. And Spencer was so good at it. I think he was just the right height, he saw them all and showed all of us up.
I even tried to do an impromptu photo shoot since I never did their annual pictures. They gave me this...
Not exactly put on the all photo material. I did get these and they were a little better, but I over exposed them...bummer!
Then I tried to take a few shots of myself (because I'm NEVER in pictures)....
Once we were tired of picking, which took a couple of hours. And we only got about a cup of berries, we headed down the mountain. It was beautiful!!!
All in all it was a fantastic day. So beautiful, oh and it was HOT! 70* I regretted wearing jeans. I don't know how Nate wasn't dying wearing a hoodie too!
No comments:
Post a Comment