Sunday, July 8, 2012

Parsley and Quinoa Salad

I haven't posted about a recipe in a while.  It's not that we haven't been trying them, I just haven't been taking pictures and posting about them.  I'm going to try to do better.  But honestly, it's hard to find the motivation to blog when there's so much else going on.  Especially when the person I wanted to share with most is now here, instead of reading from afar.

Anyway, we made parsley and quinoa salad.  I've been trying to use quinoa more in recipes, even substituting it for rice in our regular meals.  It is a good grain.  It's more nutty than rice, but easier to cook.  So when I found a recipe in Cooking Light, I decided to try it.  I personally, wasn't much of a fan.  Nate liked it.  And the kids, well you know.  I really did like the dressing that went on the top of it.  I would definitely make that again to go on regular salads.  As for the salad as a whole, I think maybe there's too much parsley.  I might make it again, but use less parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment