Thursday, May 17, 2012

Boo Air Force

Today, I'm mad at the Air Force.  Eff the Air Force.  So they are having an exercise.  Except it's not normal.  Most start on Sunday night/Monday morning and last the week.  Twelve hour shifts, it sucks, but not that big of a deal.  This idiotic place starts on Wednesday and goes to Wednesday.  That means this first really nice weekend this year is ruined by my husband working from six at night until six in the morning and then sleeping all day.  Kayleigh has a ballet recital, the only one on Sunday.  There's no way he's going to make it.  And it really sucks.  He missed everything the last year and now he's here, but he can't make this.  It's so frustrating.  I swear sometimes it's like he's still in Korea.  I hate this base.  It's weird.  The work part of Luke was fine, but the base and people sucked.  Here Nate's job SUCKS (really bad, really, really bad).  The absolutely worse he has had in his nine years in the Air Force.  I'm just so sick of it.  I hate this base.  I hate his chain of command.  I hate his shop chief.  I hate how he is treated.  This place is so ridiculous!  We tried so hard to get here because we were miserable at Luke.  We are happy here.  We love Alaska.  Our marriage is stronger than it has ever been.  But his work here sucks.  At least we know one thing for sure, in  two years and eight months, we'll be outta here!  But hopefully before that something about his job changes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment